A SHOCK

EONS LATER

Nick Freeze paced impatiently in the hall outside the delivery room. The nurses attributed this to nervousness but this made Nick more impatient. "Don't worry sir!" the nurses chirped as they offered him a variety of puke coloured digestive biscuits. But the nurses were not the cause of his impatience. He had an inter season meeting to go to regarding the disappearance of the Monsoon Council. The disappearance itself was 2 generation old news but the consequences were not. Droughts were taking place everywhere and winter and summer could not work together fast enough to provide the rain needed for a whole planet. The meeting started in an hour and he had no time to waste. Nick paced some more.

He had almost worn out the dull carpet when the room door burst open. A short bouncy doctor trotted out. He grinned. Nick, the head of the Winter council smiled back, a rare thing. He got up to see his child when - "Congratulations sir, you can go take a look at your children now." Nick Freeze froze. "Children? Not Child?" he asked in a dangerously mild voice. "Oh yes!" the doctor chirped. "Lovely twin daughters! Have you never taken an ultrasound?" The fact is Nick hadn't.

Children were usually born in the Winter mansion and not in a hospital in case they did something like cough up snow flakes in front of mortals. But Sierra had insisted so....Nick felt the world crash around him. He felt immense love for his daughters but what would happen to the Winter Council? Who would head it? Would the crown split? "Aren't you going to see your daughters sir?" the doctor asked him with a quizzical look. "Yes. Of course," replied Nick bleakly.