KIDNAPPED!

We stagger up a steep incline. The air smells fresher here. It's cold too. I shiver as a rush of adrenaline goes through me. I think we are lead into a building. Someone removes our blindfolds. I look around. 

And I wish I hadn't.

Gemini and I are surrounded by probably a hundred people, each wearing  tight black outfits and clutching silver daggers with the ornate M. Gemini whispers into my ear.

"Don't be scared, we'll get out of here."

Is she mad?

"Don't be scared?!" I whisper furiously. "We're surrounded by a hundred people who want to kill us!"

"No, they want their ransom, they won't kill us."

"And what will they take as ransom?" The answer hits me before Gemini can reply.

They're Monsoon rebels, what else would they want? Sure as my name is Keyara Freeze, they want the Monsoon Crown.

"What on earth are they going to do with the crown?" I ask.

Before Gemini can reply,  rebels grab our hands and pin them behind our backs, and lead us through the black, high, arched hall, up some stairs to two dingy rooms.

By the troubled look on Gemini's face, I don't think the Monsoon rebels can be upto any good with that crown. 

We are locked in two separate, though adjacent rooms. 

How lovely.

I plonk down on the hard bed. It's covered with grease stains and dirty fingerprints.

Exactly how many people have they kidnapped?

A few minutes later, my door is opened and a figure clad in blue steps in and hands me a sandwich. 

Oh goody! Mouldy sandwiches! My favourite!