The Interview

Here's the next chapter, Sorry about not updating sooner.

PEETA'S POV

I walk on the stage to screaming and 'awwws' coming from every direction. We sit down and I notice Caesar looks a lot older. I suppose it was around 10 years since we have seen him. 

His hair is still blue but you can see some grey seeping though the roots that he missed when dying his hair. His skin shows like it has been poked and prodded. Plastic Surgery. But his cheeks and forehead are still sagging a bit.

He's wearing a navy suit with simple square cuff links neatly tucked on his sleeves. He has a white shirt and black pointed shoes on and he looks very smart.

Its only when Katniss nudges me that I come back to reality and I notice everyone is staring at me. I look at Katniss and then Caesar "Huh?" I say

Caesar laughs a bit, which makes the crowd laugh as well.

"I said I see you have three little children with you. Would you like to introduce us all?" Caesar asks

"Oh, yes. This is Willow" i say and kiss her head "Thats Primrose and thats Finnick" I say and point to the twins

They smile a bit, but I can sense they are a bit uncomfortable with this interview, as they haven't had one before. I suppose me and Katniss have become accustomed to doing interviews now.

"How did you find your time in the Capitol with your parents?" Caesar asks the children

"Im scared" Willow whispers, with big wide eyes and snuggles deeper into my chest.

Ceasar laughs a bit and so does the crowd

"Why are you scared, honey?" He asks

I dont know why but the way he says 'honey' freaks me out a bit. It sounds so creepy.

"The people" Willow whispers again.

I can tell she doesn't want to talk about it, so I do

"Back home, the outfits aren't as outrageous and flamboyant and colourful. Willow has just never come across it before. But she is fine now" I say and Willow nods her head. I dont actually think she understood what I just said because she never uses 'big' words like 'flamboyant' before.

Caesar awwwes and of course, so does the audience.

"And how about you two, have you enjoyed your time in the Capitol?" Caesar asks Prim and Finn

"Well, from what i've seen so far. I love it!" Prim squeals in a really, really cute voice.

"Yh, what Prim said" Finn says whispering nervously

Prim is more confident than Willow and Finn. It takes a while for Finn to trust and feel comfortable around people, like Katniss, whereas Prim is just out there and always happy. Katniss says she is like me it that sense.

Caesar continues to talk with the kids until they go off. Haymitch comes out to get them and they run backstage.

Now its just Caesar, Katniss and me on stage.

"So, now I have a serious question to ask that the nation has been dying to know" Caesar says eyes us both carefully.

"Did you kill Katniss's cousin, Gale?" Caesar continues and i just freeze.

I killed someone? What?!?! Im not a murderer? Or am I? No! Im not a killer! And why would I kill Katniss's cousin? I dont even know who Gale is! Did I kill him? Am I murderer?

These thoughts circulate my mind in an endless loop. I cannot even move. Im just frozen

(A/N If you didn't know. Peeta cannot remember everything. Only some stuff and he has forgotten about Gale. And to everyone in the Capitol Gale is still her cousin)