27

POV: 3rd Person
"Where has that bastard gone to?" Namjoon muttered, stretching his legs as he got up. He actually slept in their bedroom for tonight, instead of on the sofa downstairs.

He then remembered that Seokjin was helping Hyerin fall asleep, so he crept to her room, failing as he heard some mumbling from inside.

"M-mummy? Where are you?" a quiet voice asked.

"Daddy's here. I don't know where mummy has gone to, though," Namjoon whispered, slowly opening the bedroom door. "Hang on, baby, I'm going to call him, okay? Maybe he went shopping,"

Hyerin looked at him with an odd expression, pointing at the small clock on her bedside table.

"But daddy, it's midnight," she said. "Why would mummy go shopping when it's dark?"

"I don't know, baby, mummy does some weird things, okay?" he laughed nervously, unlocking his phone. "Give me a second, baby,"

She gave him a nod and closed her eyes, as he left the room. He heaved a sigh and impatiently tapped on his phone as he dialled Seokjin's number, waiting for him to pick up.

"Where the fuck is he at?" he hissed, groaning when it went to voicemail. "The idiot won't even pick up! Fuck you, Seokjin, answer!"

Seokjin, who was back at the club, realised that his phone was ringing, but didn't pick up in time.

Unfortunately, Namjoon had called him once again, and he had no choice but to pick up, dashing out of the club in a hurry.

"Sorry, Jimin," he slurred. "I have to take a quick call, okay?"

By this point, they were feeling more numb than they were drunk, but Seokjin managed to pull himself together and sound as sober as he could when he answered the call.

"Hello? Namjoon?" he asked, trying to sound casual. Of course, inside, he was panicking, not knowing whether he was caught or not.

"Where the fuck are you, Kim Seokjin?!" Namjoon whisper-yelled, long enough to make Seokjin fear him, but not so much that he would wake Hyerin up.

"I... I remembered that I had to do some quick errands last minute, baby," he cringed at what he had just called Namjoon.

'Baby'.

He hasn't said that for so long, that it just felt too uncomfortable to actually say out loud anymore.

"Errands? What? Really, at this time of night, Seokjin? Are you fucking stupid? Couldn't you wait until the morning for some stupid ass shopping?"

"We didn't have enough milk, or eggs, I was going to make Hyerin some surprise pancakes tomorrow morning," he sleepily mumbled back.

"Tomorrow morning? It's already goddamn 'tomorrow'. What on earth were you fucking thinking?!"

"Y-yes, well, I wanted Hyerin to feel safe, a-"

"The safest she's ever going to feel is when you're actually at home with her!" he yelled. "You're her 'mummy' now, stop acting like you've gone partying and get your shit together!"

"F-fine! I'm coming home right now! I've finished my errands already!" Seokjin hung up.

He ran back inside to the club and saw Jimin sitting on his own.

"Sexy baby, what happened?"

"I... I have to go home, darling," he frowned, ruffling the younger's hair. "Something came up..." he lied. Well, it wasn't exactly a lie.

"Awh," he said sadly. "I guess I'll go home as well, then, since my sexy baby is going," he got up. "Well, I love you, boyfriend."

"I love you too," Seokjin gave him a quick smooch on the lips before turning around, running to the nearest open supermarket with tears streaming down his face.

He couldn't handle this anymore.