28

POV: Jin
I went over to the nearest supermarket, tears filling my eyes, as I quickly got some eggs and milk, even though we actually had enough left of either.

I just didn't want Namjoon to find out anything. I know that I was dreading going home, but I couldn't kill time this time.

"That'll be five thousand w- are you okay, sir?" the cashier said, seeing me look up to her with puffy, red eyes. "Are you alright?"

I wiped my tears away as I gave the cashier a small nod. She was very pretty, with long black hair.
"I'm completely fine, thank you, "I looked at her name tag. "Minah-"

Something in the back of my mind made me realise something.

"M-Minah?" I stuttered.

"Yes?"

I took a good look at her, examining her facial features. She looked exactly like I imagined her when Hyerin had described her.

"Do you have any ch-children?" I realised it sounded a bit odd to suddenly start a conversation with a store clerk past midnight, but she didn't seem to think much of it.

"Yes sir, I have a few," she smiled. "I'm sure that's nothing of your concern, though. Um, is something bothering you? Are you alri-"

"Hyerin."

"W-what?" she froze for a second. "H-Hyerin...?"

"Hyerin is your first daughter, if I'm correct, Minah," I said, my face tensing up. "R-right?"

"Hyerin... excuse me, how do you know her?l she asked, looking down. "You know my beautiful, firstborn daughter?"

"I'm her new 'mummy'..." I laughed nervously. "My husband took her home with him this afternoon, she's such a cutie."

"She's adopted now..." she nodded, her face dropping slightly. "Well, I'm glad she's no longer in that hell of a dump. Here, I'll give you my number," she scribbled down her details on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"I'm Kim Seokjin," I introduced myself. "I'm twenty four,"

"Twenty four?" her eyes widened. "I'm twenty three, but you look way younger than me," she smiled.

"Awe, thank you, Minah," I blushed slightly. "Hyerin has told me so much about you already, you seem to be very sweet."

"Well, I hope that you take good care of her. I'm counting on you and your husband to be her new parents, since I can't take care of her," she frowned, eyebrows furrowing. "They won't let me, the stupid cunts thought I was incapable of handling my own child, even at a younger age. I suppose people will just judge you because of certain things. I really do hope they don't do the same with you."

I smiled sadly. "Yes, it's sad how much people underestimate others. And of course I will take good care of her, Minah, don't you worry, I'll call you every once in a while and you can talk to her, maybe even come over and visit her; I'm sure she'd love that."

"Can you hurry up?! I'm waiting to pay for my lettuce yet you two are having some sort of ten hour conversation over there!" an angry old lady shouted from the queue.

"I've got to go, now, clearly," I laughed, putting the money in her hand. "Here, extra tip for you," I took the plastic bag and dashed out of the store.

"Next customer, please! Sorry to keep you waiting for so long, madam," I heard Minah say as I left.

I went home and threw open the door, but Namjoon got there before me and was standing by the door with Hyerin clutching onto his trouser sleeve.