33

POV: Jin
"Who were you talking to on the phone, mummy? It wasn't daddy- it didn't sound anything like him, and I know that you wouldn't say 'I love you' to daddy."

"Can you keep a big secret, darling? A secret from daddy?" I asked, my voice trembling with fear. Was I risking something big by telling her this? Probably.

"A secret, mummy?" her eyes widened. "Me and Hwanchul always tell each other secrets, but we never share them to anybody else. Is that what you mean, mummy?"

Hwanchul was Hyerin's best friend at school, and they were really close to each other; it was adorably cute.

"Yes, darling," I gave her a small nod. "It's a secret that mummy is going to tell you, but you cannot tell this to anybody else at all, okay?"

She gave me a stern nod, her face turning serious as I took a deep breath.

"Darling....I'm in love with another man," I whispered, my voice nearly going hoarse.

"Another man?" she asked, her voice lowered so that Namjoon couldn't hear anything. "Not with daddy?" she blinked rapidly, trying to take the information in.

"Yes, darling," I put a finger to her mouth. "You cannot tell another soul, alright? " I hissed. "This is a secret between us two, okay?"

"Y-yes, mummy," she said, clearly feeling intimidated by me at the moment.

"P-please," my voice softened. "I love you. Please don't say anything or talk about it to daddy," I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her in for a warm hug.

"I won't do anything to make you hurt, mummy," she whispered, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I don't want to see you crying anymore, mummy," she smiled sadly. "It hurts me, too,"

"I promise that I won't make you feel upset, okay?" I assured her. "You're the most important person in my life, you're even more special to me than my-" I lowered my voice. "-my secret boyfriend, darling, that's how much I love you,"

"I love you too, mummy," she held onto me tightly, and we stayed like that for a while, until she pulled away.