56

POV: Jimin
Hyerin was admitted to the emergency care room immediately, the doctors not wasting any time as they tried to help her. They even mentioned something about surgery, but I didn't really know, we weren't allowed inside.

"Seokjin... don't worry, she's going to be okay!" I assured Seokjin, who was crying his eyes out, curled up into a tiny ball with his legs touching his chest.

He rocked back and forth on the blue cushiony seats of the waiting room like a little child, his head buried into his knees.

"She'll be okay... I promise..." I drifted off. "Don't worry, baby, I will always be there for you and Hyerin and I will never leave you... I'll be there... always..."

I hugged him tightly and didn't plan on letting go anytime soon. We shut our eyes and slowly took some deep breaths to try and calm down, as we waited for the doctors to inform us about her.

When I looked up, finally opening my eyes, I could see that Seokjin was still in the same position as he was ten minutes ago.

"Baby?" I asked, trying to pull his head up so that I could see his face properly. Tears stained his cheeks, eyes gone bloodshot. Oddly enough, though, I could see some other things on his face. 

They looked like scars.

"What is this?" I traced over a large one by his cheek, the one that stood out the most. "Seokjin, I asked you a question! What is this? Are these scars? Why are there so many on your face?"

"N-Namjoon..." he sobbed, his fingers shaking as he felt the bumpy line across his face. "This is all him..."

"Why do you always cover up your sleeves, baby?" I noticed that he kept wearing long sleeved clothes recently. It was the middle of February, and it was pretty cold, but still, it seemed odd.

"Show me your arms." I demanded, tugging on his sleeve.

"What?"

" No, I'm dead serious, Seokjin. Show me your sleeves, are you hiding even more scars from me?"

I rolled up his sleeve and saw straight red lines, one beneath another, and saw the amount of fear in his face.

"S-Seokjin...?" I sniffed. "Did you do this? Seokjin... baby, please don't tell me that you do this... is this on your other arm as well?"

He looked away, more tears forming in his eyes as he ignored me. He was clearly in a very, very tough situation, and seriously, I don't blame him one bit for it.

"W-why do you do this, baby? I know how much pain you're in, but do you know how much it hurts me to see you like this? In this state... these hardships... I can't bear to see you so upset..."

"I have no other choice, Jimin. This is my only escape, isn't it?"

"Baby, don't you dare say that shit again! This is why I'm here for you, Seokjin!" I scolded him once again. "You have to tell me when you're upset, and we can get through this together..." I sighed. "baby, don't do this again to me. Ever."

We sat and waited for the doctors until it was past midnight.