Chapter VI (The Lost Sister Part 1)

California, May 1st 2017

Roderick invited me to go to his mother's house for dinner.

I don't think I should accept it because his mother might not be that accepting about us.

Well there ain't no "us" yet. But you know what I'm saying.

Today I'm thinking of my mother, how I wish I could have her with me.

Maybe I'll go visit her grave and talk to her. I know she won't answer me but that's my way to cope with her absence.

I leave my house, now it's my house. My mother left money in the bank so they couldn't sell it to anyone.

She had everything already planned. She knew she wasn't going to last more here.

I asked Roderick to drive me to the cemetery where my mother's grave is in.

But I told him to stay in the car. As I want to be alone "with her".

As I open the cemetery gates I find a woman who seems to be in her early thirties, well dressed.

Quite posh to be more accurate. Stilletos and high brand handbag. She is standing right before my mother's grave.

I don't know her, I don't recall any woman like her in my mother's life.

She's crying, I can tell because she wipes softly her eyes with a yellow and brown handkerchief.

She put some flowers in my mother's grave. Amaryllis. Her favorites. How would she know?

My mom loved amaryllis and I never understood why. It wasn't until I searched about the symbolism of that flower that I knew why.

They symbolize beauty. And my mom was really beautiful, I don't think she knew I guess she just liked those flowers.

But now I can relate the flower to her. Beauty.

I get close to my mother's grave, where that unfamiliar woman stands before.

But she starts to walk out. I go after her and try to talk to her.

Jordan – Hello ma'am. Did you know my mother? Helena Wright?!

Mysterious woman – Hello young man. Yes I did know her. She was my mother as well.

Jordan – Really?! She never mentioned another child. She never told me I had a sister.

Mysterious woman – Well that's a long story. I'm really sad right as you might be as well since we both lose her.

Mysterious woman – My name is Jacqueline Wright. I'm your sister.

Jordan – Yes it's been pure hell living without her. How come you never visited her while she raised me?!

Jacqueline – Well, you know we had a few fights because I wanted to move to England.

Jacqueline – She didn't approve that, but I was sixteen by that time so I could do what I wanted to.

Jacqueline - I moved to England and started to work in a burlesque club.

Jacqueline – One time a man who always was there to watch my show asked me if I wanted to become a model.

Jacqueline – And that's what I do now.

Jordan – Oh I see that performing arts runs in our veins. But you could still see her.

Jacqueline – I could, you're right but I was transitioning to the modelling career so I couldn't.