Chapter III (The Deal)

California, April 29th 2017

It's my first day working at Starbucks, I start at 8 a.m. and I have a lunch break at 2 p.m. and go home at 6 p.m.

It's a good schedule. I'm anxious because of our boss.

Something in him shakes my core. His arrogance and his charm.

I don't know. He's mysterious and attractive but at the same time repulsive and frightening.

I'm already on my way in the subway.

For the first time in a long time I plug my ear phones and start to shuffle through the long repertoire of songs I have in it.

My repertoire seems to be kind of dated. New songs came out.

Adele is kicking in the bizz. Beyoncé queendom is still rising. Her "Formation" tour had a great impact in our society.

So I listen to some Ariana Grande songs from her album "My Everything" and some songs of Lea Michele's album "Louder".

Lea Michele is a great actress and an amazing singer.

She was amazing in "Glee" and quite suprisingly great at "Scream Queens".

The songs run through until I start to hear the beat of a familiar song. It's "Hello" by Adele.

It's a triggering song. Why you ask?!

Well if you listened correctly to it then you know that it is about reconnecting with somebody that you used to love.

And that's exactly what professor Amsel told me to do. To reconnect with Sam and with Roderick.

I don't think I'm ready and I don't think it will be easy to contact Sam. Roderick on the other way I know he's crawling back to me.

I have to break down these walls that I built. It's risky. But that's what life is about.

And Kabbalah teach us to go through the harder path not the easier path.

I stop the song, and call Sam. I still have pictures with him in my smartphone.

I'm not one to erase them just because we're not together anymore.

They're proof of moments, of people who came into our lives. And those are better than memories that with time will fade away.

The phone is ringing, it's already making three minutes. He's not answering.

Finally I hear a hoarse voice. It's Sam.

Jordan (on the phone) – Hey Sam how are you?

Jordan (on the phone) – Please don't hung up. I need to talk to you.

Jordan (on the phone) – I know I haven't talked to you in a while.

Jordan (on the phone) – I know I was horrible to you but I was so blind in my search for fame.

Jordan (on the phone) – I'm improving. I'm not in New York anymore.

Jordan (on the phone) – Wow that's great of you. I hope you have all the success that you deserve.

Jordan (on the phone) – I would like for us to be friends at least. Could that be possible?

Jordan (on the phone) – Sure. I won't rush you in anything.

Jordan (on the phone) – I want you to be my friend without forcing it.

Jordan (on the phone) – How have you been doing?