Chapter XX (Sneak Peak)

Midtown Manhattan, December 2nd 2023

I'm laying on my bed naked, with all my clothes scattered around the floor.

My Iphone is charging on my bedstand.

Elsie comes in and starts to give me directions of what will I do today.

She's always telling me what to do, how to behave.

I'm just a regular person who is an actor. Gosh!

Elsie – Good morning Jordan today we're meeting the director of "Kinky Boots".

Elsie – He is really bossy so don't sass him and try to do things in your way.

Jordan – Well Elsie, my darling. I don't care if he is bossy.

Jordan –He has to respect me and I will respect him.

Jordan – And I will always be me. My audience won't get what directors are imposing.

Jordan – I will always act as I want to. I won't be some carbon copy.

Elsie – Jordan please don't make this one of your statements!

Jordan – I think everyone in this business should know about how I act.

Jordan – It's no surprise that my work method is as I want it to be.

Jordan – And The New York Times they don't spare the time to write as how I act.

Elsie – Yes but you know since the last actor who has performed this role. "Kinky Boots" have been taken to a higher stake.

Elsie – They are expecting a lot from you.

Jordan – And they will do it.

Jordan – As long as they let me do it my way, there's nothing to worry about.

Elsie – We'll see.

Elsie – But now you're priority is to take a shower and clean your bedroom.

Jordan – You're not my mother. You're my publicist.

Jordan – I don't even know how do you get here everyday at anytime.

Jordan – I will order to change the door lock.

Elsie – Do as you like. But I'll always find a way back here.

Jordan – Right.

Elsie – Have you been looking up to the last actor who performed as "Lola"?

Jordan – I didn't. I like Billy Porter's version better.

Jordan – It's not that polished.

Jordan – And I was reading the other day about "Lola" she wasn't that polished.

Jordan – So I prefer to watch Billy's version. Even though I will give my own twist to the character.

Elsie – Okay, just work hard on this.

Elsie – This is your big ticket to the A list.

Elsie – You're going to be a Broadway baby if everything goes alright.

Jordan – Okay.

Jordan – Now if you'll excuse me I have to take a shower and I would appreciate if you'd go downstairs.

Elsie – Sure, go ahead, my great star.

Jordan (awkward) – Right.

Elsie leaves my gorgeous bedroom and I'm wondering where Roderick is.