Chapter XVII (Dreaming Nights)

Midtown Manhattan, New York, November 25th 2023

It's the premiere of Dreaming Nights and I couldn't be more nervous about it.

On the other side I couldn't be more excited as well. It's the premiere of a movie I star in.

It shouldn't be surprising for me at this point since I've done many movies.

But this one its too close to home.

It's almost christmas time and this movie is quite fitting for the holiday.

Since Christmas brings hope and dreams to people. And that's the essence of this movie.

I don't want to brag about it just because it was Roderick who wrote it, but the movie is really awesome.

Of course Sam's directions and visions helped bringing those moments to life.

We're at Sunshine cinema. This is where the movie is going to premiere.

The movie theater is full and I'm so nervous to see people's reactions.

The movie is beggining. My character is the first to appear.

Dreaming Nights

Screen begins to take color and shows a guy who is on his laptop looking at old photos of him at theatre stages.

He seems quite melancholic. The doorbell rings he puts his laptop on his couch and opens the door.

It's a tall tanned boy, it's his friend Derrick.

He is a writer and has been writing a lot of best sellers.

Darren – Hi Derrick please come on in.

Derrick enters to the neat and perfumed living room.

Darren – Please have a seat.

Darren and Derrick sit on the couch and Darren closes his laptop.

Derrick – Darren?!

Darren – Yes?!

Derrick – You were looking again at those photographies?

Darren – Yes I was. I can't stop thinking that that would of been my fate.

Darren – That's my dream.

Derrick - Well then you should stop looking at those photographies as to remember your dream.

Derrick – And start to work on making your dream come true.

Darren – I can't. Something tells me it is my dream but not my path to go.

Derrick – I guess you're still shaken about what happened on your last play.

Darren – Yeah.

Darren – But I guess that is not why you came here.

Derrick (joking) – No, it wasn't. We're not here to talk about you.

Derrick – But to be honest, I came here because I want your help.

Darren – Wait what?!

Darren –Derrick Mayday, a best seller writer wants help from a washed up actor?!

Derrick – You're not a washed up actor. You're just out of the business.

Derrick – And why shouldn't I want your help?! You are great at giving advices to people.

Derrick – And you have so many knowledge about everything that it seems that you went through everything in this life.

Darren – Well I'm flattered. How can I help you?