Chapter II (Rise)

California, April 28th 2017

After taking my breakfast in my velvet rope, I go to my room to find something to wear.

I have my first class of Kabbalah but now I'm focusing in getting a job.

Acting?! I guess I will put that aside since it was the root of all the darkness that came into my life.

Well let's not be that cut throat, maybe not that directly.

By that I mean, being an actor in theatre or on tv.

Maybe a producer, prop designer, dramaturg or director.

But for now I'm thinking in working on stores or as a barista like in Starbucks or something like that.

I grab my resume that is mostly about acting. That will not help in any way to get a job that is not related to it.

I'm curious about Kabbalah. It sounds interesting.

I get my plastic file folder with copies of my resumes. It is light to carry it and quite professional.

That's the image that I want to channel. I used to arrive late at school but I've changed, now I'm punctual.

I like to wake up at least two hours before the time I have to be somewhere.

Los Angeles is full of clubs, coffeehouses, clothing and another type of stores and restaurants.

I like to try new things so I will go to a Starbucks near my area to see if they need employees.

I grab my smartphone and open an app that allows us to know the nearest coffeehouses, restaurants, malls, and whatever.

So I type in Starbucks and allow the app to use my location and it shows me the nearest Starbucks.

That is literally one block from my house.

Gosh how I forgot about the surroundings of my house.

I walk the block to the Starbucks that that app told me about and I'm getting nervous.

I haven't been in the world of work. I've been laying in a coma for a year. My mind is still healing itself.

It is 10 a.m. I finally arrived at Starbucks. I look at the building like I never saw a Starbucks before.

And a man opens the door and tells me that I'm blocking the exit and that Starbucks is not a great thing to be in awe.

Wow that was awkward and brought me down.

But I try to put my act together, open the heavy huge door and come in.

I go to the line, like a costumer, like I'm about to buy something. Well I have to.

Let me tell you a little secret that might help you getting a job.

When you're searching for a job in a place where you can buy something on.

Do it first and then ask if they're looking for employers.

This is a bit of butt kissing but it works.

Like if in an interview they ask you if you have heard about that company or if you often buy something from it.

Always say yes. It's a guaranteed launcher to get the post.

So I'll buy an iced drink and then I'll start a bit of a chit chat with the barista.

Then ask them if the company is looking for an employee.