Chapter 9

"I'm sorry...I got your shirt wet." I mumbled as I pulled away from Harry, leaving a huge wet spot on his shoulder.

"It's ok, Hazel. Now why don't you tell me all that happened?" He held me close to him with concerned eyes.

It was still early in the morning, we had literally just dug up the bodies. Harry had gotten up to get water and heard Drew throwing up.

I glanced over at Drew before handing Harry one of the pieces of paper. He took it in between his fingers and frowned at it.

"Let's play a game?" He asked in confused before handing it back to me.

"We found that one in Mrs. Evans. And this one..." I handed him the other paper. "In Tara."

"You hide, I seek. If I catch you, game over." Harry spoke before running a hand through his curls. "So what does that mean?"

"They want us to hide. To be afraid." Drew spoke up, his voice hoarse from puking.

"That wasn't all." I began as I wiped away the rest of my tears. "That's all we found in the bodies."

"But you just said that wasn't all?" Harry asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"No, I mean that's all we found. No organs. No bones. Nothing else. The killer...they-they took everything out or something."

He just stared down at me with eyes full of horror. "They...they did what?"

"For f*ck's sake." Drew groaned as he slapped a hand over his mouth. "I'm gonna be sick again."

"You heard me, Harry." I ignored Drew, watching as he ran his hands down his face with a short sigh.

"Ok...ok so what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know. They want us to play their sick game." I spoke with a frown.

"Hide and seek, right? So if they catch us, game over. Which means we die." Harry tried making sense of the situation.

"I'm not going to hide. I'm not playing the game." I spoke in pure disgust.

"But you know what they said. And something tells me they're completely serious."

"So what, Harry? We should just hide?! I'm not doing it. I've been hiding my whole life, ok. And from what? I'm not hiding. Not anymore."

"Hazel, I know that you don't want to sit around locked away in a cabin, trying to hide and run away from the killer but maybe Harry's right. This person is really dangerous." Drew spoke up as he set a hand on my shoulder.

"Why don't we just find out what they want?"

"Yes, because a homicidal maniac will want to sit down with us over a cup of tea and discuss his wants and needs!" Drew yelled at me with an eye roll, making my eyebrows furrow.

"Well I don't hear you thinking of anything!" I screamed back at him with tears pricking my eyes.

"Shut up! Both of you, just be quiet." Harry began deeply, making me flinch. "It's no use fighting. We have to work together and think of a plan or we're getting no sh*t done."

"Sorry." I mumbled, making Drew nod in agreement.

"Well-"