Chapter 4

"We can't tell the others." Drew mumbled as I shut the trap door to the killer's cabin.

"What do you mean? They could be in serious danger." I spoke with wide eyes, causing him to sigh.

"If we tell them, we're all going to start turning on each other."

I bit my lip with furrowed eyebrows. "I guess you're right..."

"Of course I am. Now let's go." He gripped my arm, dragging me back to the camp.

I kept my eyes on the ground as we made our way back. I felt bad not telling them. This concerns them too.

When we got back, everyone was standing around anxiously. Niall's eyes flickered up to meet mine.

"Did you find anything?" He asked hopefully, making me shake my head slowly.

I saw Harry from the corner of my eye as he leant against one of the log cabins with his arms crossed. I bit my lip as I walked over to him. The others were busy talking to notice me walk away. 

I glanced up at him, meeting his intense glare. I sighed as I leant against the wood beside him.

"I'm sorry. For calling you a prick and saying you were useless. But the things you said to Drew were really bad, Harry. You don't know his story and I bet if you did you'd feel pretty bad." I spoke softly as I peered up at him through my eyelashes.

He sighed as he tilted his head back. He swallowed hard, making his Adam's apple bob up and down.

"I should be the one apologizing. I called you a child, which you're not. And I scared you which was pretty d*uce baggy of me. And I'm really sorry for calling Drew that, actually."

I bit my lip again, shocked at what he just said. "Thanks, but I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to."

He glanced down at me with a small chuckle. "You're cute, Hazel. But thank you, I think I will apologize to him."

A blush crept over my cheeks as my eyes widened. "Why do you make fun of him anyways. Is it fun for you?"

"I don't know..." He spoke softly, making my stomach feel anxious.

I shuffled closer to him, brushing up against him. I felt him hold his breath as his eyes widened slightly.

"I mean, it's not cool. Layla might think so but you shouldn't have to impress someone to make them love you." I spoke gently, avoiding eye contact with him.

"What do you know about love?" He asked curiously, not in an accusing way.

"I love my grand-"

"No, I mean like a guy." He interrupted me, making my breath get caught in my throat.

"Um...not much, I guess. I've never really liked a guy. No one has ever liked me." I admitted with a small shrug.

"So you mean no ones ever flirted with you?" He asked, making me shake my head. "No ones ever hugged you? Kissed you?" He asked, his voice getting softer each time as he leant closer to me and bent down to be my height. "No ones ever...made love to you?"

His breath fanned my face as I immediately shook my head with bright pink cheeks.

"Hm." He hummed to himself as he stood back up straight. "What a shame."