Chapter 41

Alison's POV

I couldn't believe that Nathan bit Max. Over something like this.

This can't be happening.

"You bit him?" I whispered in an almost inaudible voice.

"Y-yes." Nathan nodded.

I held my head in my hands. I looked at Max, he was looking paler and worse by the minute.

"He's not moving." Vania spoke up.

Everyone's attention immediately averted to Max. He wasn't sweating anymore, and his eyes were closed, but he was pale and not moving.

"Is he dead?" I asked.

"No and yes. I killed his human form, but he's turning into a vampire. This is the process. You went through this as well, but you just don't remember it because your memory was wiped of it all." Nathan explained.

"What can we do?" Vania asked, looking at Max with a scared expression.

"Nothing. He's a vampire now." Nathan said.

-

1 hour later..

After an excruciating hour of waiting for what felt like a century, Max finally woke up.

He opened his eyes and sat up and rubbed his neck. He was acting like he just woke up from a nap and not like he just passed out from a Vampire bite.

"Max. Are you okay?" I asked slowly.

"I feel fine." He said in a husky voice.

"Do you feel any..different?" I asked.

"No.." He shook his head.

I looked into his eyes. They were the same light blue they always were.

If Max was turned, and his memory wasn't wiped of it, he's knows it happened and will remember it. Or, he should at least.

"You remember getting turned right?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"And yet you don't feel any different?" 

"No." He said and stood up.

He's strangely calm about all of this.

"You're really calm about this?" Nathan spoke up.

"Actually, i'm just really sleepy. It's like 2 in the morning. That's the only reason I'm not freaking out. Which I am, just you can't see it." He shrugged. 

We all gave each other weird looks. 

"I'm going to bed." He muttered and ran upstairs to his room.

"We're going to go, too." I said and stood up.

"I think i'm gonna go with you." Nathan said.

"Goodnight boys." I said to everyone as Nathan shut the door behind us.

We walked home in silence and when we made it home, we barely uttered two words to each other as all three of us were tired and needed sleep.

"I'm sorry." Nathan said as we were crawling into bed.

"For what?" I asked sleepily as I changed my clothes.

"For causing all of this." He said, lifting his shirt off of him.

"You had a reason. You did what any Vampire with a temper would do. I'm not mad at you babe." I said.

"Thanks." He said and kissed me lightly on the forehead. He wrapped his arms around me and I was soon out like a light.