Chapter 14- The Tiger's Cage

Elise was frozen in place, eyes widened and staring into the clown's features. She didn't feel the tears falling down her cheeks, and couldn't will her limbs to move. Grounded to the spot, she gazed up at the grinning clown. His teeth were unnaturally sharp and pointed, seeming to threaten her as Jack's smile showed them off. His claws were visible over the machine, fingers resting on the top. They were long and dark, with little traces of her own blood on the tips. The clown did nothing but grin at her, eyes contracted and small like that of a madman. Elise felt a sob rising to her throat, and wanted nothing more than to run.

But she simply could not. The cruel fear that froze her in place was relentless. All she could do was stare. Jack chuckled a little again, one corner of his grin turning upwards. Slowly, his arm moved from the position it was in, raising over the machine. Elise watched, terrified, as the clown's hand began to reach down for her. This time, she heard herself whimper in fright. She wanted to scream; the hand was getting much closer. She could still not get her body to move. The clawed hand finally reached behind her, and a quick gasp of air escaped her as she felt it grab her bag, attempting to pull her up along with it.

This finally motivated her body to move. She blinked, tears falling with it, and finally let out the loud scream she had been holding. Jack's hand halted as the girl screamed, and he stifled his laughter. That is, until his laughter was cut short. Elise kicked the machine as hard as she could, levering Jack's hand off of her bag, hitting him in the stomach and chest. He let out a grunt, stepping backwards a bit and catching the machine as it teetered forward. Elise scrambled through the opening she'd created, staggering to her feet, already going full speed as she made her way to the opening of the tent.

Jack giggled a bit, standing the machine back in its place, before his giggles broke into full-on laughter. "Hahaha, okay, give me a minute- hehe!" He mumbled to himself. Something about how sudden the machine hit him was amusing, and he had to take a moment to stop laughing. He followed Elise out of the tent as his laughter died down, watching as she ran down the path ahead. He chuckled, extending his arm towards the running girl, grabbing her bag. "AHH!" Elise shrieked as she was quickly pulled backwards.

Jack held her in front of him, taking her bag off with one hand and wrapping the other around her waist a couple times. "Now, this has been fun Elise." He said in his brash voice as he let Elise's bag fall to the ground, "But it's about time to put an end to it." Elise kicked and struggled as Laughing Jack began walking back towards the other tents. "NO! NO! LET ME GO! PLEASE! LET ME GO!" She shrieked, desperately yelling to the freak dragging her deeper into the carnival.

The arm around her waist looked so unnaturally long and unbent, it made her sick just looking at it. It coiled around her like a snake, in a tight hold that sent a panic running through her. She screamed bloody murder as she clawed and grasped at it, kicking and struggling, fighting as hard as she could to get out of Jack's grip. Jack simply held her farther from him as she kicked, so he wouldn't get hit, chuckling as he did. He heard her scream and cry until her voice began to rasp, as they approached one of the wider tents at the carnival colored in monochrome.

His smile began to fade as he saw his tent come into view up ahead. It wasn't as though he necessarily wanted to kill Elise. She was a teenager, after all, which were generally no fun to torture. While her screaming was somewhat pleasant, it was not exactly the same as what he wanted to hear. She acted differently from a child as well. What a waste of someone so amusing when scared! The chase between tents was something very childish to do, and was much funnier than just catching her and being done with it.

However...it would be better to get rid of her before anyone came by his carnival. There was no doubt in his mind that any of his fellow proxies would question him for killing a teenager, which they all knew he got no enjoyment from. He entered his tent, releasing the strings that held the entrance open, quickly throwing Elise to the middle of the ground so she wouldn't grab the outside of the tent in an effort to escape.