Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Swivelling on the spot, he noticed, Nathaniel, the Shadow Hunter that had powers not even he knew off. Had not been knocked out at all. His eyes lit with an inner demon that was looking for blood. He had something to do with this of that he was sure. He just could not prove it. It was more the expression that had him moving forward. He knew Raphael would never leave a patient that so interested him alone. He could at least trust her safety in his hands until she was well once more. Then he would not be interested in her healing but how to control her like a puppet on the council strings.

Going down on one knee before him. He grabbed a fist full of the vamps hair and pulled him up onto his knees so he still had the height advantage, but they could talk in relative secrecy. His men would move out of range, not listen in on a conversation between them unless necessary.

“You realise any vamp that comes anywhere near here will want her dead?” He used the only thing he knew would get a near truthful answer out of the leech. And he did not want to mention anything about her to him, so his mood dipped further as he saw the concern in the Hunters eyes.

“You really think you can get out of this dome with a vamp and a half breed?” He had a feeling that like him earlier, the bonds he was in would make no difference when it came down to it. “You really have less brain cells than I thought, Ezekiel. And I did not have a very high estimation to start off with.”

Reigning in his anger and the cause of his frustration. For he knew he could not draw blood right now without going for the kill. And he really wanted to do some damage. “Then tell me. How do you plan to get her out of this alive? Hmm? Because you may not care for her. May not decided if you want her dead or not, but as of today you made it clear, you want her alive. At least for now. They come here, she dies, and you know it.”

He knew his words had hit home. That the vamp had realised just how close to death Anya truly was at this point. At least the angels wanted her alive at this point.

Nathaniel’s eyes flicked to Anya’s body, still unconscious on the ground. Taking in her prone figure, the fact her wings were still out, creating a soft, muscular cushion beneath her. An idea formed. His vamps had been in contact, telepathy was the angel’s way of silent communication. Vamps, however, used an emotional telepathy, conveying messages through differing emotion. Each member of his team learning to send specific emotions as signals to what was planned.

They had queried why this had happened over the years. Many surmised that with humans, angels and vampires having compatible DNA vamps and angels probably develop different forms so they could not be ‘hacked into’. As the computer techs had tried to analogise for him once. Though he had to admit, it had to be easier to have an angel’s telepathy.