Chapter 30

AN - I know I have been away from this story for a while, but I have had some issues with where it was going. This chapter looks more at the character relation ships than giving you some detail of what has happened, but it has gotten me back into he story once more. I hope you enjoy, Az x

Chapter 30

The shower stall was tiny, and she could not bring herself to let go of Nathaniel. Even with him back in her mind, she could not part with his physical presence, not now, and she was beginning to wonder if she ever would. Her fingers digging into his shoulders as he lowered her to her feet, he tried to gently remove them, with an admonishing frown, only to realise she was not letting go willingly, it was either allow them to stay there are risk hurting her in removing them, and by now, no matter how this had started, she knew that he would never take the risk of her being hurt.

With a sigh, he let her think herself in control, as he took in her perfect form, seeming so small now her wings had withdrawn from sight. It had been a magnificent sight to behold. Upon their escape to freedom, he coming down hard before him had scared the life out of him, and he had barely caught her as she had crashed forward, her wings shrinking and disappearing as if they had never been. Leaving behind a translucent glittering tattoo like scar upon her back. He never wished to see her so weak and vulnerable again. His strong Anya had survived years on the run from him. How foolish he had been spending so long trying to kill her, when what he should have been doing was lying her down amongst his sheets and making sure neither of them could walk again.

Stripping her took little time and he was more than ready to see her bare to his gaze while she was conscious once more. He had entrusted her to no one else, not trusting completely those who had given them shelter. His brow furrowed as he pulled the soft t-shirt over her head, and down her arms, where she had to release him in order to drop the shirt upon the floor. Her fingers going back to their original position the moment they were free to do so once more. He had never heard of those who kept these places hidden, waiting for a time when the prophecy was to come true. Somehow knowing they would be needed and willing to give their lives for the woman before him, never having met her, or even known it was in fact her they waited for.

To tell the truth, they scared the crap out of him, the way their eyes moved and followed him while he had paced the underground compound he had somehow stumbled upon. He had been forced from her side only for the amount of time it took for their doctors to look at her each day, and when they were gone he was there beside her once more. He would never admit it aloud, but he was terrified for her, every moment she slept on he wished he could do something to help, but he had been helpless, even their mental connection could only tell him she was alive. Two months she had slept, and now, now he had her before him, bare to his gaze and a heated expression creeping into her eyes.

His body could not stand the way she looked upon him and not react in the way he knew it would. Tightening painfully, he knew if she rejected this, even though he knew it was too soon, he would have to go somewhere alone and take care of the business himself. As if she had read his mind…and she quite possibly had, her fingers moved of a sudden. Ripping at his clothing like he was the biggest present at Christmas, and with a wry smile he could not contain, he thought of it as a little ego boost, he was possibly the biggest present she had ever received. Helping her along with his clothes, it was only moments later that their lips collided in a battle of teeth and tongue, the shower door almost ripped from its hinges as he slammed her into the tiny space, crowding her into the corner.