Chapter 20

AN - I have just reached 50055 words with this chapter! So happy right now...enjoy!

Chapter 20

Anya felt almost as if electricity had been shocked through her at high voltage. Though she could not move and show those around her what was happening. And she was aware there were others, only she had no idea why or where she was. Her brain had no memories and no future, only a blankness. It did not scare her, it was as if she had not learnt to be scared yet.

She had lost all feeling, could hear mumblings and murmurings, all around. She knew something was happening though for good or ill she could not say, not that she particularly cared at the moment. She had a tiny inkling of a feeling that at some point in her future she would need to care. And it would be important. But floating as she was. It meant nothing.

A warmth invaded her system, a taste jolting her closer to the surface. Only for it to be ripped away too soon. She wanted to moan, to protest the injustice. The first feeling she knew and it had been taken away so cruelly. The warmth became a churning within her. A power that seemed to take over. She wanted to let those around her know. She knew there was danger with this power. Something that could only be undone by the most unlikely of circumstances. Though she did not know what those circumstances could be. Only a flicker of knowledge in the back of her mind.

As she tried to pull out of her own volition she felt rocked, by a heated cushion of air. It made no sense to her mind. None of her limited knowledge of the moment could explain what had happened. She tried to care about what was happening to her body, who controlled it. If she was at least safe until she managed to awaken, then she could at least try and find a direction in which she had to go.

A sense within her was giving her a direction. A direction she was currently being taken away from. Though she had no way of telling anyone of them this information. Or knowing if they would even care if she did tell them. He worry left once more, she found it hard to hold onto any one strong emotion. It was as if it would take away from the peace she was surrounded in at that moment.

There was a moment of utter confusion. She was battered by an emotional resonance from those around. It was the first moment she realise the magnitude of the operation that was going ahead, while she was still unaware. There were some many ‘flavours’ of emotion. Each a different individual with their own resonance, their own imprint. She could feel each vividly, almost bringing her to the fore once more, only to be pulled down again as a field of energy blocked the emotions once more.

A warmth invaded, different from the warmth earlier. There was no physical taste. Only an aural one. She could feel the energy of this donor. A protectiveness that seeped into her very being. Showing the tiny part of herself, which was her. She was in fact safe. That she would be protected until she could find herself once more. She took what they had to give, let it soak into her very being. Allowing herself to be who she was always meant to be.

Yet once more they were ripped away before she could fully take on all she needed. And yet at the same time, it was enough. A balance was being created inside of herself. She could feel two different energies combining as they never had before, but were always meant to. A wholeness created within her that she knew had never been before, though she could not say how she knew about such a thing.

The tiny part of her mind that was herself opened wider. By just a fraction. Allowing her to see herself. She could not yet join her body as it still calibrated to the perfection it had never had before. A connection between two species, which showed exactly how compatible they were. She was not a monstrosity, she was in fact a perfect example of two of the species of a triumvirate world. A war was destroying these species, and yet they could live if only they gave each other a chance to do so.