Second truths

Kiera and Carlos investigate a pair of murder-suicides that are seemingly unrelated. With no apparent connections between the victims, they discover that both murderers were beta testers for the game company, Tendyne Systems. Betty sees a rare moment to get her geek on and tags along on their investigation.
While Carlos questions the CEO and other employees of the company, Fred Nettinger, the company's lead programmer, escorts Kiera and Betty to a game testing area. There, they try out a hyper realistic immersive first person simulator. While in the game, Kiera experiences a glitch that short circuits her CMR, causing her to collapse. Upon awakening, she discovers she's lost all native connection to Alec. He scrambles to get her back online. "Kiera you okay?" Betty questioned as Kiera slowly awakened. Betty helped Kiera stand and both left the room.
"We have to go" Kiera said as Carlos looks at Kiera and Betty confused.
"You okay?" Carlos questioned as Kiera squinted her eyes in pain and nodded.
"I just need to rest" she stuttered and walked out the building.
The next day Kiera tells Carlos to go back with her to the building they were just in yesterday.
"You okay" Carlos asked as Kiera frozed.Lucas and Kagame seek to gain access to Kiera's CMR by exploiting the glitch that short circuited her system. Lucas begins the program to take control of her mind, which will take effect once her CMR reboots.
Kiera blinked with no sudden movement of her body and walked as if she were a robot.
Lucas and Kagame seek to gain access to Kiera's CMR by exploiting the glitch that short circuited her system. Lucas begins the program to take control of her mind, which will take effect once her CMR reboots.
Alec hacks the Tendynes files where he discovers hidden executable code that renders him without memory for nearly a half hour. On her way to Tendyne, Kiera's CMR reboots, granting Lucas full access to her mind and actions. Seeing and hearing the world through her CMR interface, they can hear Kiera talking to someone directly patched into her system, not realizing it's Alec. Kagame orders Lucas to track this mystery companion at once.
Alec describes the hidden code that zonked him out and deduces that the lead programmer must have had something to do with it. Listening in and realizing that Nettinger has now become a vulnerability, Kagame instructs Lucas to program Kiera's CMR to assassinate Nettinger. Now under Lucas' control, Alec is locked out of Kiera's CMR. When she arrives at Tendyne, she is programmed to go after Nettinger. As Carlos wrestles her to the ground, Lucas begins to hack into Alec's computer system.
Kellog confronts Nettinger and hides in the testing lab as Kiera continues her brainwashed rampage as Lucas and Alec battle for control of her CMR. With a gun drawn on Carlos, Kellog tries to talk her down. At that moment, Alec pulls the plug on her entire CMR system, shutting out Lucas and Kagame. Kiera collapses and wakes up, remembering nothing. She nearly killed Carlos.
"What just happened?"Kiera questioned as Carlos helped Kiera up.
---
After days before that incident Carlos and Kiera start investigating a new murderer.
In 2077 this case was never solved so Kiera thought it was only right if she told them what she knew but didn't tell them how. Kiera and Carlos found another body out of 30 who died with there eyes opened. So Alec attempts to find the man who is killing all these people and finds it in just a few minutes.
In desperation, Kiera follows her lead to the home of the second killer. He flees and she follows him into the basement where he overpowers her. He intends to kill her for interfering in his vigilante killing spree. Before he can take a scalpel to Kiera, he sees the CMR microchip reflected in her eyes. She confides she's a time traveler and offers proof, guiding him towards her service weapon. When he picks it up and tries to shoot her, it kills him instantly.

Acting on information provided by Betty, Carlos finds Kiera alive but deeply shaken in the basement of the killer's house. He sees her service weapon reset itself on the floor. Sobbing , she begs Carlos to believe her as she grapples with the possibility she nearly died and thus would have never even existed in 2077.
"I almost died in here, and it made me think. What if I had? You would have found me, just another victim. I would have achieved nothing. And with all the changes I've caused, I may never come to exist at all. Never be born, never become a soldier, a cop, a wife, a mother" Kiera starts crying.
"It's okay" Carlos said said as she shook her head afraid.
"And life, life would continue on with nobody knowing I had ever lived. All of my secrets for nothing. And I don't want to keep those secrets anymore."Carlos grabbed Kiera's hand and smiled
"Look, Kiera, you don't have to."Carlos said as she looked at him and sighed.
With little other explanation for so many strange coincidences with this case and other elements of her story, he invites her to tell him everything.
She begins, "My name is Kiera Cameron and I came here from the year 2077," as Carlos listens intently to her every word.