Chapter 15

Adams POV

*The Next Morning*

I walk into the kitchen to get a drink. Last night was- something.

"Adam?" Red says. I look behind me, he was leaning on the door frame, still in his pajamas. I can't blame him, I was too.

"Oh, hey Red." I say, opening and taking a swig of my water. He looks at me in a confused way.

"Where were you last night? I didn't see you on the couch." He says, walking toward the fridge.

"Uh- I went next door, there's a coffee shop." I say, trying not to expose me and Max.

"Uh-huh." He says, sarcastically.

"I-I was!" I say, in a whisper/scream thing.

"Okay, okay. I believe you." He sighs. He puts his hands up and walks past me, grabbing a coffee.

*a few hours later*

Max walks out of the room wearing some nice clothes, not a suit and tie, but almost as nice. Everybody else went for a tour around town, but I stayed behind with Max.

"Ooh, who do I not know about that you're dressings up for?" I tease him.

"My job. I'm gonna be late. Ugh, I need to hurry." He says quickly, grabbing a to-go coffee from the counter, then rushing out the door. I figured I would only slow him down, so I stayed there.

Max's POV and a after his shift ended

I walk into a small coffee shop after work. It was a cute little place, and I heard good things about it, so I decided to try it. I stand in line, which was almost out the door, for a coffee.

I look at the menu to see what they had. I decided on a small "Koko Latte."

It was my turn at the counter, so I walked up and ordered. As I waited for them to make it, I felt someone bump into me, so I turn around.

"I'm so sorry this is just my clumsy week and- wait, you again?" She says. It was the girl from yesterday. She was wearing a flannel shirt and a black beanie.

"Hello again." I say, impressed we found each other again.

"Our of everyone in New York, I bump into you twice. Here's my number, maybe it's our destiny." She laughs, giving me a slip of paper.

"Just as friends-" I blurt out, thinking of Adam.

"Why, you taken or something?" She giggles.

"Maybe." I smirk.

"Of course, how could you not be?" She giggles, then boops my nose.

"Don't do that." I frown.

"Aw, okay." She sighs, then laughs. Geez, she laughs too much. Can you laugh too much? I don't know.

The cashier hands me the latte and I head out the door. What just happened?

***

What do you guys think is gonna happen ;3

-Kitty
Ps she says she loves you and she's talking in third person for no reason she doesn't know why help he. Also she said byeeeeee