Chapter 12

Max's POV

Tim looks at me weirdly. I look at him with a smile.

"That job that I applied to in New York, well, they hired me. We're going to the biggest of apples, Tim!" I laugh. I couldn't think of anything else I was so excited. It was my dream job, and they hired me.

"That's great." Tim chuckles. His chuckle was similar to Adams. I smiled at him.

"Wait- Adam!" I thought. I picked up my phone to text and tell him, but it was dead.

"God- uh. My phones dead." I growl.

"Charge it." Tim chuckles. I roll my eyes and turn around to plug it up. I eat a few minutes for it to turn on. I check to see when I have to leave, but I start next month.

"I should leave in a few days." I say. Tim looks at me.

"Yeah. You got to get an apartment and settle in before you get to work, so it's probably best." He sighs.

1 Week Later

I walk toward the airport with my suitcase in my hand. Tim follows me with his, since he decided to come with me. We do all of the normal airport stuff, then start towards our gate. Our flight doesn't leave for another 15 minutes, so we decided to stick around for a couple minutes.

We look around, knowing this was probably going to be the last time here in Bellevue. I look at Tim and he seems bored.

"You wanna get on?" I ask him. He nods without looking at me. We stand up and start towards our gate, but I hear a voice yelling after me. I turn around to see who, and I was surprised.

"So you're just going to leave without saying goodbye?" Adam says quietly. I look at him, but I was confused.

"I invited you over so we could hang out one more time, but-" I check my phone, and the message failed to send. I sigh, feeling mad at myself. I look at Adam, knowing this was going to be the last time we were together. His dark eyes were glossy, but he was hiding the pain well.

He wipes an escaped tear from his cheek, and smiles.  He doesn't say anything, but he hugs me. I feel a drop fall on my shoulder. He quickly backs away, and apologizes.

"Don't worry about it." I smile.

"Plane to New York, New York is leaving me in 10 minutes." A voice says over the speaker. I turn around, and Tim was motioning for me to hurry.

"I- I have to go." I say, turning around and walking toward Tim.

"Love you, Max." I hear him say from behind me. I blush, but I just speed up.

We board the plane and get our seats, I got the window seat. A few minutes later the plane took off. And I could make out Adams car slowly leaving, but stopping to watch us go. I felt awful.

______
Hey guys! Sorry for another short chapter! I don't have a lot of time to write but I do every chance I get! I hate leaving you guys hanging for so long, haha. Oh, we're almost at 3k on here, guys!! I'm soooo excited!!! I honestly don't know what to say, but for now, I love you all!

Byee!!