[ Heels ]

Pete:

After meeting Mikey outside of school, he pats my back and I smile at him.

"Hi." He smiles sympathetically.

"Hi. Do you mind if we walk home?"

"Not at all. Are you alright?" I shrug my shoulders. I feel guilty of the smile fading from his face.

"I just wanna... tell you about something and ask you something at home. Sorry, I'm a little better - please don't worry." I insist, taking a step ahead for him to follow.

"Okay!" Mikey smiles unsteadily. His footsteps reflect mine those entire twelve minutes to my house.

---

"Hey, boys! You have a good day at school?" My mom asks in that window-cracking-capable voice of hers. I purse my lips in hidden annoyance.

"Yeah, mom... Whatever." I roll my eyes, snickering with Mikey afterwards at my "obnoxious teen behavior."

"How are you, Mikey? How's your brother?" Mom walks towards us. I sigh mentally as she tilts her head, as if waiting for the end of a long story.

"Everything's cool, Miss-Pete's-Mom! Thank you for asking. So how has Pete been?" Mikey grins at me as I widen my eyes and punch his shoulder.

"Oh! Just wonderful! And I hope he's gettin those good grades, and eatin right, and exercisin when he come home from school. Plus he got you as a friend! He's got it all!" Mikey exaggerates a laugh with Mom. I take a deep breath and count to eleven until Mikey politely excuses us upstairs.

"Thanks for making me talk to my mom." I accompany my sarcasm with a smile, which flops into a frown.

"She's fun. You can hear the sass in her voice. I can just hear her calling you by your full name, dragging you by an ear!" Mikey makes fun, setting down on the bed.

"Oh, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey..." I click my tongue, sighing with my head in my hands.

"Sorry... So what did you want to tell me?" He asks, smile fading as I freeze.

"What?"

"That's why I'm here - you wanted to tell me something important!" Mikey giggles, attempting to coax me.

"I... did? Oh, yeah. I did." I fake a laugh.

"Okay... So what is it?" Mikey's eyes smile at me. I see myself in his glasses and blink repeatedly.

"I just... Wanted to ask you..."

"Yeah?"

"Wh... No, uh..." What should I say?! I'm backing down, so what's a good lie?

"Yeah, Pete?" Oh, he's so oblivious! I can tell him anything and he'll believe it.

"Never mind... Can I just, uh, show you?" I ask timidly, rubbing my hands.

"Uh... Y-Yeah. Okay." Mikey says uneasily.

"Wait... uh, here. I gotta go get something, okay?" Mikey nods slowly. Gee, I hope I'm not scaring him now, just imagine in awhile.

I sneak into my mom's room and take some of her heels. I haven't purchased much for myself - I'm just not comfortable enough to show anything yet.

I stop at my doorway and poke my head in my room, heels hiding on my feet.

"Promise me you won't laugh, Mikey. Or be mad or upset or afraid. Please." I say rather shy.

"Pete, you're scaring me." He murmurs.

"Promise. Please."

"Okay... I-I promise." Mikey sits up straight.

I enter the room, strutting in the red-hot high heels. I bite my lip in anticipation. Mikey widens his eyes and straightens his glasses.

"Uhm..."

"Mikey, they're just shoes, okay? I'm still Pete. Pete just changed his shoes!" I argue, standing tall with a weak neck. My eyes water, and Mikey looks distorted like an embossed, tall glass.

"Yeah... I know. It's just... I never imagined Pete as a cross dresser." I gulp a cry and silence a whimper. Mikey is just mentally young! He doesn't understand. The only good he knows are cupcakes and bubbles. I think to myself.

"Deal with it. I'm not gonna stop even if you want me to. I was chosen to be your friend by you and I remember the first time we met... you said to me 'we're going to be friends until I find a real life unicorn to replace you, Pete Wentz' and laughed." I look to Mikey, who was rubbing his thumb around the frame of his glasses.

"If you don't think I deserve you in your life or even your friendship, then you must've never meant that. You'd replace me just because of something I wear, even if it doesn't change who I am." I huff, kicking the heels off and crossing my arms.

A sniffle is heard from Mikey. I look up at him and blink away my boiling tears. I sloppily wipe my eyes and stiffen up.

"Mi--"

He stands up and sits on the floor, in front of me. I kneel down on the floor with him. He nudges his head on my stomach. I let him and involuntarily pet his beanie.

"You're still my friend, Pete." He says weakly, as if covering a weep. I allow a tear to drip from my soaked eyes.

"I accept you... And I promise not even a unicorn in heels can ever replace you as my best friend." Mikey chuckles a bit, his hot breath felt through my shirt and on my skin.

"I love you, Pete. Pretty, emo boy." Mikey giggles, head now rested on my shoulder.

"Thanks..." I mutter gently, growing shy as Mikey squeals in delight.

"I'm gonna kiss your cheek and then we can... You can show me your clothes!" Mikey suggests, pulling his head away so I see his glistening eyes.

"Th-Thank you." I let out weakly, a little smile slipping.

Mikey leans towards me and I feel my cheeks burn through his lips as they come in contact with my skin. I groan shyly and he backs away.

"Thanks for showing me, Pete... And I'm sorry it took me so long to make you feel comfortable enough to let me know."

"It just... took some time for me to come out, and I guess that goes for this too." I explain.

"You're doing great, Pete. I'm so proud." Mikey stands up, offering a hand. He gives me a firm hug and I suddenly feel shy again.

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, but school will probably get in the way :/
For now, I want to update at least twice a week which I think could happen. Thank you guys for all the reads and comments and votes!!