[ Conceal ]

Pete:

Oh my God, today was just shit.

I yelled at Mikey and then I let him apologize and leave. I should've stopped him and I should've apologized.

I guess I could still call him, maybe visit him. Maybe just sneak in through his bedroom window again because I don't want to be holding a grudge for a weekend.

Nah, Gerard might catch me again and throw another shoe at me. I guess I'll just text Mikey.

PW: hey mikey?

I send my text and wait for awhile. In the meantime, I think up an apology.

PW: mikey I'm sorry I yelled I was just mad about today but you didn't cause anything it was just a shit day

PW: im sorry and I wanna make it up to you mikey

I sigh as minutes pass and no replies are received. He hasn't even read my texts. I guess he's busy right now.

Now the only thing I can do is wait.

Gerard:

"Patrick, what have you gotten into?!"

"What? I didn't do anything!" He folds a hand over his chest and bites his lip.

"Holy fuck, Patrick. Don't you know who Pete Wentz is?!" I grasp at my hair.

"No... Why? Is he that bad?" Patrick's eyes are big and bright now. I kneel in front of him and sigh.

"Pete is... a fucking punk. He's reckless, he's a brat, he flirts with everyone, okay? So... I don't know if he's a good guy for you, Patrick." He stays quiet for a second.

"Do you even know Pete?" Patrick skeptically questions. I groan quietly before standing up.

"Okay, I don't. But I haven't heard good things about that guy." I glare out the window as my hands are on my hips.

"Okay, so you've heard rumors. They're not always true, Gerard. I just really like him, okay? I want to see him again and maybe... maybe ask him out." I sigh once more and look at the ground.

When I look up at Patrick, his eyes are pleading for an approval.

"You're lucky to have me as a friend, Stumph." I smirk and sit down next to him again.

"Okay, Wentz will be right about here." I say, opening the yearbook to a page towards the end.

"Found the little fucker." I mumble and point him out. I mentally sigh while Patrick gasps.

"Pete." He says with a soft voice.

"Every morning him and those skaters are at the school's entrance. I'm not sure what classes that Wentz is enrolled in, so..." I look at Patrick's eyes. His hope is dying. "But I guess I could ask my brother, as he is friends with that little dick." I sigh aloud and Patrick beams me a smile.

"Thank you." Patrick whispers and before I know it, he's hugging me.

"No problem, buddy." I say and rub his back.

"Oh, but one suggestion, if that Pete ever tries anything funny with you that you don't want, call me and I will kick him in the teeth." I smile as Patrick does also.

"Sure thing, Gerard." He rolls his eyes and laughs.

Then we make eye contact until it gets awkward.

"Well, I better get home soon." Patrick says and I frown.

"Sure... I'll see you at school. Or maybe you can call or text me." I suggest, hoping not to sound desperate.

"Yeah. I'll text you tomorrow if you want." His smile makes me smile as I lead him towards the door.

In the living room, the tv is still quiet, but Mikey sits up now.

"Finally, Gee. Can't you guys meet at Frank's instead? I don't want to know how long you guys are in there." Mikey mocks and I tilt my head, then shake it as I realize Mikey apparently thinks Patrick is Frank.

"Uh, Frank isn't here, Mikey. I was with my good friend, Patrick, however. Say hi, Mikey." I whisper as a hint and Mikey gasps audibly.

"Patrick...?" He whispers.

"Yes. Patrick. Do you guys know each other?" I ask.

"No, I just... Sorry. Hello." Mikey waves and I lead Patrick to the main door.

"Hi. Uhm, thank you for inviting me over, Gee. Bye." Patrick waves timidly and steps outside.

"You don't want a ride or something?" I offer.

"Oh, no. It's only ten minutes from here if I walk. Thanks, though." Patrick insists with a smile as he opens the door.

"Bye Patty, we'll talk tomorrow, okay?! Love ya!" I shout and Patrick giggles as he waves one more time until I shut the door.

I take a seat next to Mikey and he immediately starts fidgeting.

"What is it, Mikey?" I ask.

"What is what? I don't know what you're talking about." He answers quickly.

"Okay. You sure about that?" I ask with doubt of his response.

"Yes. So, stop asking about that. Do you have something to say, Gerard?" Mikey attempts to flip the conversation and I scoff.

"Mikey, I noticed you were a little weird when you saw Patrick. Why is that?"

"No, I was... I was watching tv and you guys caught me by surprise."

"Uh-huh. Just tell me. I won't tell Patrick, if that's what's worrying you." I offer.

"No, I don't think any of you need to know." Mikey covers up, avoiding my eyes.

"Tell me." I say softly, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I can't! I promised I wouldn't." Mikey is whispering now. I give up and exhale.

"Fine. But I can keep a secret." I say and head back into my room.

Mikey never hides things from me. And if he does, he never lets me find out and certainly never thinks of mentioning them out loud or showing them.

"Goodnight, Mikey." I call out before closing my door.