[ Typical ]

Pete:

It was now spring, meaning my time of worry was at its peak. The weather is perfectly still and consistent - with sunshine and occasional rain rounded at the same times of the day.

I haven't come out to anyone but my parents. But I doubt their approval will be easily granted with what I have coming for them.

I dress in my skinny jeans that I have a dozen pairs of, with a plaid, red shirt and sneakers. I never bothered to do my hair, and I didn't care about hygiene when it came to my mouth. I step out of my room to head to school.

Mom knows I don't make time for breakfast. She also knows when I've left the house.

I walk to school, which is a short fifteen minutes from home. My friends are there by the building's entrance, sitting on the stairs' railway and sporting their skateboarding skills. I greet them with handshakes and knuckles to their hair. They holler my name and smile. I smile along, until Brendon attempts a dumb trick, me breaking his fall as he gives me a high-five.

He weighs me down before leaping off me, pulling me up quickly and hurting my arm.

"Shit! Do you always have to make a fucking entrance?" I scowl at Brendon, bumping my elbow with his as we all head inside.

"It's the only way you notice me!" He beams, stupid grin on his face.

"Attention whore." I grumble, turning to talk to Mikey, but finding he is discussing a situation with Gee, involving the older sibling's petty complaints.

"Don't ignore me!" Brendon wails, pulling my sleeve. I groan, but listen as he talks.

"You should come after school to the park. You got your own board, right?" Brendon asks me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay... But I gotta--"

"Oh, yeah. You can use my phone to call your momma and tell her you'll be late for dinner, okay?" He mocks with another stupid grin, this time his tongue is between his teeth.

"I'm not a momma's boy!" I argue, sliding his hand off from me.

"Uh-huh, and Ty and Josh aren't gay for each other." Brendon continues, handing me his cell.

"Fuck you. And I've got my own phone." I protest, declining his offer. He rolls his eyes and waits for me to dial in a number on my screen. I sigh at his gesturing eyebrows and wait for the ring to be picked up.

"Hey, mom, I'm staying after school, but I'm going home by myself... Yeah, don't pick me up." I punch Brendon's gut as he smirks in accomplishment.

"Bye, mom." I say and hang up quickly, chasing after a teasing Brendon who speeds down the halls.

Patrick:

Today is slow and gray. Gerard hasn't asked me about dating and I haven't seen those cute boys speeding with their skateboards in the hallways.

Maybe it is because I am so early to class. And I am early because I have no friends to be late to school with. No one is waiting for me.

But at least my studies are going well and when I finish my assignments early, I have time to read and draw in class.

I like to draw myself in frilly skirts and summer dresses. My hair is drawn long, and filled in like a sunset's haze, and my dress will be similarly tropical. My eyes stand out when I stare at the drawing. I'm glad those drawing courses have contributed to my decent art skills.

The school day is fairly quick, but stretched. The time I spend walking to each class seems longer than the actual time spent in it. Everything flows until the last period, of course - that's where my bullies are.

So when I go home, trails of tears and muddy footprints are what I add to the school grounds. I lost another sketch and some colored pencils. I only gained from this experience:

No matter how hard you try to convince them, not everyone approves of who you are.

AN: The story will have more of Patrick's POV next chapter, but Pete's days are typically more eventful, which is why this was mostly in Pete's POV.