Chapter Twelve

*Ethan's POV*

Grayson walks back into my room after talking to Anna. He sighs and plops down on my bed. I spin around in my chair to face him. He can't give in.

"What's up, man?" I ask him, he rubs his face and groans in frustration. He looks up at me, his face is red and his eyes are bloodshot. "Bro, what happened?" 

"I can't lie to her anymore, Ethan." he mumbled.

"Do you want her to know about all this? It'll only hurt her more."

"What's hurting her is that she doesn't know what's going on" he spits.

"How does she know anything is going on?" 

"She's not stupid, Ethan!" he yells, "us talking in private, avoiding her, and we're not the best liars you know."

"We're only protecting her" I claim, "until we can figure all this out"

"And once we do, we'll tell her, right?"

"Sure" I lie.

"Then we better figure this shit out," he says walking over to the computer, "I can't do this much longer"

*Anna's POV*

"Guys, I'm gonna run to Target real quick, do you need anything?" I ask the boys while putting my shoes on.

"Nope, be safe" Ethan replies from the computer seat. 

I get in my car and head to Target. I put Shawn Mendes on full blast and try to drain my thoughts from today.

(Skip Car Ride)

I walk into Target and immediately walk to the mirrors, I needed a new mirror for my room since my other one got thrown out. I look at one big mirror and see a woman in it, watching me. I turn around and she's not there. Weird. After a few minutes of looking, I decide I'm not interested in their mirror collection and start to head towards the exit. 

Right before I get to the doors, I am pulled backwards by someone. I am pushed down and a rag is tied around my mouth. I can't scream. No one else was around, I feel myself becoming faint and everything goes black.

I wake up in a dark room. I am alone. I get up and try opening the door, but it's locked. I don't have the rag around me anymore, I try to breathe. 

"Help me!" I scream. I shake the door knob. No use, I fall to the floor crying. Where the hell am I?

"No one can hear you, Anna" the woman appears in the back of the room. She comes closer, I recognize her face and I wish I hadn't.

"Mom?"

A/N: Here's chapter 12!! // Looks like Anna just got struck with the biggest strike ever.