Chapter 8

I was sitting on the couch listening to Mrs. Ketchum rant about battles on her front lawn and how we completely messed up her grass. I ran my finger back and forth on the couch to keep myself from looking into her angry eyes. I never realized how intricate and amazing their couch was until I needed it for a distraction.

I could feel the smirk radiating off of Ash, he was living in the moment of his mom fussing and for once, it not being directed towards him. I heard him snicker when his mom said something about expectations.

“I would expect this from Ash, but not you Misty!”

“Hey,” He squeaked finally losing all the mirth, he got from this horrible situation. “I resent that!”

I looked up at Mrs. Ketchum just in time to see the seething glare she sent her son, “I swear, you act just like your dad.” She looked back down at me and glowered, “You should be ashamed of yourself. If May was here she would get it too.” With that she huffed and walked into the kitchen.

Ash jumped over the couch slinging an arm around me, “Well that’s a nice change of pace.”

“What is?”

“Her being angry, but not at me.” He gave me a cheeky grin and a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

I swatted at his arm and pushed him away. “Haha, laugh it up. Don’t get used to it.” I gave him my brightest smile and watched as he blinked, looking a little lost.

He shook his head and recovered from whatever just happened to him, “Yeah, wouldn’t want that now would we.”

I laughed, shaking my head lightly, “You’re adorable when you agree with me.” I pinched his cheek and he pouted lightly at me.

“I thought I was adorable all the time?”

You are, very adorable, hot too. “Who told you that lie?” I laughed lightly as his pout turned into a deep frown.

He lightly grabbed my hand, running his thumb over the back of it. I felt my breath hitch and was sure that my face was slowly turning a deep red. He widened his eyes and let them glaze over, “I’m not adorable anymore?”

I tried to jerk my hand out of his grip, hopefully getting some of my control back, he wouldn’t let me though and my heart squeezed in protest. I felt myself getting light headed the more he gave me that look. His eyes turned a darker shade of Brown and I gulped.

“N-no you’re not adorable.” I squeaked out, silently cursing myself for letting my voice stutter as it did.

He gave me a cheeky smile, like he knew and came centimeters away from my face. “I think I can prove you wrong.” As blew in my ear and I had to fight a moan down, because in the next second he was half way across the couch yelling for his mom.

“Mommy! Misty doesn’t think I’m adorable.” He whined like someone half his age.

I snorted as Mrs. Ketchum came back out with a pleasant smile on her face. She looked happy and back to normal again. Her cool off time was amazing. She smiled sweetly at me and when she noticed my flushed face sent me a wink that just made my face brighter.

“I’m gonna go...yeah…feed Pikachu?” I asked nervously giggling. Get it together girl. I hissed to myself and watch as Pika bounded over at the prospect of food. I gathered him in my arms and ran down the hall.

“The kitchens that way Mist.” I heard Ash call from behind me, but I kept up my pace until I closed his door behind me. His room wasn’t exactly my definition of a safe haven, it was his territory and technically I was intruding.