Chapter 13- Before the Storm

"I'm fine..." She insisted as she moved between the covers after kicking off her house shoes.

"You are far from it." I teased. "It's only been two weeks."

"And each day, you treat me like a doll. I'm not gonna break..."

Before I knew it, her lips were on mine and I was on top of her, exchanging several steamy kisses before pulling back. "You're not ready."

"I think that's for me to decide, isn't it?" She asked with a cheeky but sexy eye brow raise as I couldn't resist her. With her legs on either side of me, I rose to ease the strain on her as I slid my hand along her spine until I connected with her neck, gently grabbing her and holding her in place. Within seconds, her fingers were pulling at my shirt as I slid my graze up her leg, gripping her skin just enough to tease her.

"You don't have to go easy on me...just because I have a few marks..." She said as she held her fingers on the button of my jeans. A smirk fell over my lips as I threw her underneath me. I couldn't control myself when I was inside her, she made me a maniac in the night; shredding both the desire (that would then be satisfaction), and our clothes. I felt like a werewolf, never satisfied with just one kill.

Holding myself over her, she pulled me deeper, making me grip the sheets beside her head.

"Don't go easy on me..." She kept saying, almost as if she had been taunting me. Then before I knew it, my hands moved for me and she was standing like a dog on the mattress; on all fours. Without hesitation, I took her then-making us both cry out in the feeling it caused. Never in my life had I felt something like that before-having the amount of control while still giving her pleasure. It was better than the release of my extracurricular activities.

When the moment finished, she fell forward until rolling on her back and looking to me with a smile and perspired expression.

"Where did that come from?"

"Did I hurt you?"

She slowly shook her head before pulling me towards her. Still slightly out of breath, I could feel the lust build in me once more. Her very touch could make me expire before desired. But I couldn't help it. She was my weakness; my vixen.

Moving her hands through my hair, she pushed me between her legs and told me how she wanted more. Using what I knew from the stories of my male peers, I motioned my tongue until she would groan-then I would move deeper or faster-depending on her grip on my hair and the sheets. Eventually, it was a success as she arched her back-telling me, she was satisfied.

THE NEXT MORNING

I awoke with a sense of being perfect. Almost too perfect. The sun was shinning, the birds were chirping, and there was a moving truck next door. Acting as though it wasn't pulling at my curiosities, a dark man was moving to and from the house with boxes in his hand each time he left the car. My gaze fell every few times he did so, as I retrieved the mail and scanned it in my hands. Unsure how to approach him, I moved back into the house to find Ava in the kitchen wearing my shirt.

"I'm not sure what Matthew will think if he sees you this way..."

"After last night...I have to fight every instinct to take you on the counter..." I said throwing her up on the counter as her legs wrapped around me. She scanned the mail as my lips found her neck before she set it beside her, causing a loud clap. Moving so it was not such a sexual situation, she remained on the counter as Matthew moved from his room.

"Can I ask him now mama?" He asked with wonder-filled eyes as I gave a suspicious glare.

"Ask me what super Matthew?"

"If you would like to live with us." My gaze shot to Ava.

"Are you sure about that?"

She nodded. "I've been thinking about it, and you sleep here the majority of the time anyway...so if you wanted..."

"Of course."

She gave a sweet kiss before Matthew clung to my legs. As I shared the tender moment with Matthew, her gaze caught the stranger moving next door as she disappeared into the bedroom and asked me to greet him with her.

Moving next door with Matthew between us and my arm around Ava, she opened her mouth to speak before he spoke first.

"I apologize if I'm making a lot of noise..."

"Not at all. We just wanted to come over and formally welcome you to the neighborhood...to be honest...I didn't even know we lost the neighbors that were here..."

"It wasn't registered in a normal fashion....it's kept for law personnel. There hasn't been anyone in this house for years though..."

"Is there a reason?"

"They think a K-I-L-L-E-R is on the loose." He spelled it since Matthew was present. "So they want me to survey the place, making sure everything is in order."

"Well I feel very safe having someone of your stature here."

"Thank you..." Hesitating as he waited for an introduction, I felt my world stop. Karma was truly a b***c. Not only was there a typical nosy neighbor next door, but one with a badge and an eye for the odd.

"Detective Victor Hunter." He said formally, snapping my attention back to the moment. He held his hand out to me as we both analyzed each other.

"Lincoln Allen." I said calmly as I withdrew my hand and he then was introduced to Matthew.

"Perhaps we shall have you over for dinner when you get all settled in."

"Nonsense. I insist you come here. How about tomorrow around six?"

"Sounds good. If you need anything please let us know."

"Will do."

He turned and continued moving boxes as we moved back to the house. I lingered at the door realizing what was at stake and in a fraction of a second-I saw Ava and Matthew and realized I had to protect them above all-no matter the cost.