Chapter 5:

After i told the boys that i was doing it for Austin they said they would keep quiet and that they won't tell josh because he would tell coach so they didn't, today we had a half day of school, i was making my way to my Maths class, when someone grabbed my arm and swung me around "it's all your fault" a blonde girls said, i gave her a confused look then she said "that Austin the one i had a major crush on is dead it's all your fault" i froze and was trying to hold back my tears, at the corner of my eye i saw Zac, Aiden, Jacob, Jack, Jake, Isaac,Aaron Ace,Josh, Adam, Liam, Ethan, walking and then they stopped and they were staring at me "you're a bitch he wouldn't be gone if you weren't such a selfish cow" i felt my tears come out of my eye's " you know Emma, Austin was an amazing person and it's your fault" then i saw jake come and grabbed the girl and said "that's enough" the girl shook her head and said " i'm only telling her the truth baby" and walked off, jake went to grab my arm but i pulled away "it's not your fault Emma" i shook my head and ran around him and pushed through the boys.

They ran after me but i turned around and screamed at them "STOP FOLLOWING ME LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!" they all stopped walking and i ran away.

Josh POV:

We all ran after her but she turned around and screamed "STOP FOLLOWING ME LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" we all stopped walking and she ran off "i'm going to follow her" i said and Zac said "don't she will kill you" i shook my head and said "no every girl that i actually like gets hurt and i'm never there for them.." i stopped after i realised what i said, i have had a crush on her since the day she bumped into me."you like her?" Zac asked " yes now i'm going after her okay" they all noded "dude, you are on our good list now because you help us find who killed Austin so go for her and don't stuff it up" Zac said and i ran off into the direction that Emma ran into and found her on the soccer pitch crying her was leaning against the goal net, i walked up to her and sat down next to her.

Emma POV:

Josh sat down next to me and i looked at him "what do you want?" i asked him, he looked at me and said "i wanted to see if you were okay" he sad smile, i never thought that there was this side to josh, he was so caring,"it she's right if i wasn't so Afraid of being home alone he would have stayed longer and it wouldn't have happened" i looked down at my feet "Emma its not your fault it was the asshole behind the wheel" when he said that i looked up and he continued "Emma, you're gone through hell right now and ...." i cut him off and said "yeah like you would know what it's like" he shook his head and said "you don't know me Emma all you know about me is that i am a cold hearted person."he was getting protective "sorry" ,i said and faced the other way.

"My mum died in front of my eyes Emma i could have stopped it but i was scared" as soon as he said that i felt really bad "Josh im sorry i didn't know" he just gave me a sad smile"it's okay i think i need to get this off my chest" once he said that i knew that garde he would always have up was down and he wanted to let me in, "my father......he was abusive to me and my mother he would always be drunk off his face and would always take it out on me, my mum would try and take the beating but i wouldn't let her but this time.... This time i couldn't help her" a tear came rolling down his face, i never thought that i would see josh crying" he was hitting me but my mother pulled me away and took the beating i was scared so i sat crying in the corner of the room i knew that i couldn't do anything i was only 7 years old and i couldn't go up against and my dad, he beat her until she was unconscious then stormed out of the house, i ran up to my mum and saw she wasn't breathing so i called the ambulance and the cops came as well, i knew that she was gone by the looks on their faces then a lady came up to me and said we are very sorry darling your mother is with the angels now" i started crying and we both were so i hugged Josh and he continued "my father came back once the ambulance took mum there was still cops with me as soon as he walked in the door i ran up to him and started punching him and screamed you killed mum she's dead because of you he slapped me across my face and said she deserved it and then the cops handcuffed him and sent him to jail for life... no one from my family wanted to take me in, so i was going to be put in a foster home but a police women said no that i could live with her and she would be my legal guardian, i still live with her she's amazing but i wish my mum was here, but she not and there is nothing i can do about it" i was amazed i just thought he was a asshole but he is a asshole for a reason he watched his mum die" is that why you're so closed off and act like a jerk?" i asked him and he nodded.

Josh POV:

I told Emma about my mum because i knew i could trust her, this is the first time i spoke about it in years, we sat on the soccer pitch for a few more minutes, my arm was around her waist and her head was resting on my shoulder, "hey do you want to go somewhere?" i asked her wanting to get out of this school, "um we only have 50 minutes left shouldn't we wait?" she asked me shes so cute when she doesn't want to get in trouble, i stood up and out out my hand and said "come on i want to show you something" she reached for my hand and i pulled her up, and we walked to my car.

Zac POV:

I was in class when i saw Josh help Emma up and they walked over to his car Josh saw me looking and gave me a nod so i gave him one back he must be taking her somewhere to calm her down.