Chapter 26

LOUIS' POV

"How did you get up here?" Lucille said. "you have a vine ladder" I said smiling. "Lucille, I've been such an idiot" I started. "ya, you have" she said. "Everything's been so confusing lately" I said. "I miss you Lucille, I miss what we had, I miss us hanging out, your hugs, your kisses, everything" I said. Lucille remained silent. "I'm sorry I haven't been the best boyfriend lately, and if you think we should see other people-" I said. Lucille leaned in and kissed me, cutting me off. "Shut up Louis" she said smiling. "I don't want to see other people, I want you, and only you. You're the only one I love Louis," she said. "I love you too Luc" I said. "its getting chilly out here, you want to come in?" she said. "ya sure" I said coming on to the balcony. We went inside, back to her room and shut the balcony door. "Better?" I said. "Ya" she said. "So, I'm sorry to bring this up but," I started. "Harry?" she said. "Yes" I said. "what about it?" she said. "Lucille, what was going on between you two, you were always with him, more than me sometimes, you hugged him so much differently than you hugged me, and you let him kiss you" I said sadly. "Louis, I liked Harry, but only as a friend, he was always there, I started feeling like he was you, so I hugged him like it was you cause I missed you so much, and when he kissed me...." she stopped then. I looked at her confused, urging her to go on. "when he kissed me, I was upset with you, kissing her.....  I wasn't thinking straight and I kissed him back....." she said looking down. "I'm sorry Louis" she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Luc, it's ok " I said hugging her. "no Lou, its not ok, I basically cheated on you with your best friend" she said. "look at me Lucille" I said sweetly. she lifted her head and her eyes met mine. "I don't care what you did, its all in the past. Harry and I's fight, was because I was mad with myself" I said. "babe, I could never be mad at you, never" I said. "really?" she said wiping a tear away. "Ya" I said. Lucille yawned. "are you tired?" I said. "a little" she said. "c'mon" I said pointing to the bed.  We both laid down on the bed, Lucille snuggled up with me and closed her eyes. "can we stay like this forever?" she said. "yes babe, we can" I said. I kissed her on the forehead. I heard quiet snores. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.