Close

(Paige P.O.V)

If you want to be happy, you should get rid of all the things that make you sad, right? Well, what if what makes you happy, also makes you sad? What if someone who makes you smile, can also rip that smile right from your face? It's hard to get rid of. I've been trying to keep my distance from Dean, but that just doesn't seem to be working very well. We ended up getting closer and closer than I expected. That's not the way I wanted things to be. I was trying my best to keep away from him, but he ended up coming closer and closer. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of us still being friends, but it still hurts a bit. In order for me to get over him, I need to be away from him. But within this whole week, we just kept crossing each other's paths, as if it was destined to happen. The closer we got, the more I knew I still have feelings for him. Was it good or bad that we were getting this close? I had no idea, but I did know that I needed my space. But as I felt my phone start to buzz, once again, I knew my space was about to be invaded.

Dean: Lunch before Raw? 1:26 p.m

As much as I wanted to turn him down, I just couldn't. I know I said that I needed space, but my space was being taken up by him. I actually wanted to be with him, I wanted to be around him. Plus, I'd be stupid for turning down food!

Dean: Waiting for a response, we could do Mexican food. Your favorite 😉 1:30 pm

Paige: You're not gonna let me say no, are you? 🤔 1:31 pm

Dean: Nope! Sooo, about an hour from now? 2:30ish? Sound good? 1:32 pm

Paige: Sure, that's fine. 1:33 pm

Dean: Don't forget your things. We'll go straight to the arena afterwards. 1:34 pm

Paige: So, you're not gonna let me say no to you picking me up either, are you? 1:35 pm

Dean: Nope, so be ready in an hour 😉 1:36 pm

Paige: Fine! Stop winking at me! 1:36 pm

Dean: 😉😉😉😉😉 1:37 pm

Paige: 🙄🙄🙄 1:38 pm

And just like that, I found myself getting much closer to him, once again. I also found myself smiling down so hard at my phone rereading through our messages. What have I gotten myself into?

Cause if I want you, and I want you, babe
Ain't going backwards, won't ask for space
Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too...

Close, ooh
Oh, so close, ooh
I want you close, ooh
Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close, ooh
Oh, so close, ooh
I want you close, ooh
Oh, I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no.

(Nikki P.O.V)

Another week passed by and by the looks of it, I was already starting to show. My stomach poked out a bit and it was only noticeable a little bit. I hadn't noticed it myself, but Brie did as we were having a little shopping spree for today. "So, how's everything lately? You feeling good?" Brie asked. "I'm doing perfect and feeling even better. I honestly feel like everything in my life has been falling into the right place. I have a baby on the way and I'm with the man of my dreams." "Man of your dreams? How is Dean anyway, Nicole?" "He's doing just fine, as am I. I'm not sure if he's as excited as I am for the baby, but he'll come around eventually." I said to Brie. "Ahh well, I see. I guess that's how men are about these types of things." Brie said. "To be honest, I think the baby will bring us a lot closer." I said. "What do you mean?" "Well, I kinda feel like we've been a little distant with each other. It's not the same as the first time we dated. He loves me but he just seems to act so weird." I explained to her. "As you said, it's probably just the baby thing. He may not be ready for it right now, just give it some time." "I really hope it's just a baby thing. I want us to be the perfect family. In order to do that, I'm gonna need to keep us closer than ever." I said. "Hey, can I ask you something? Do you ever think that maybe he's still into Paige?" Brie asked. I thought about her question. I wanted to believe that he wasn't still into her, why would he be? But we have been so distant lately, maybe because he wants to get close to her instead. "Honestly, he may be. Maybe that's why we're so distant." "I kinda thought the same thing. He probably isn't bothered about the baby, but more focused on her. If that's the case, you're gonna have to ask him, Nicole. It's now or never." Brie explained. I sighed in frustration. I wasn't prepared to ask him stuff like this. It could jeopardize our relationship and I don't want that. I want us to be happy. I want us to be perfect. I want us to be close. Just as as close as he was with Paige. "I think you're right. I'll ask him." "Good, but let's not focus on that right now. We're at the mall, we might as well enjoy it." Brie said with a smile. I smiled as well as I began to look around at the shoes.

Several hours later, after Monday Night Raw

I waited for Dean to get back from the show tonight. We were staying at a hotel, not too far from the arena, so I expected him to be here right after it was over with. It was nearly 1 am, so I knew the show had been done and over with. I was worried. I called him several times and left text messages to see where he was but still no answer. He replied to one of my messages with a simple 'I'll be there soon' and he has yet to be here. I wondered where he was, as if I didn't already know where. Suddenly I heard the doorknob twist and the door opened up. I got up and walked towards the door to see Dean quietly try to close the door. "Hey, where have you been?" I asked him as he jumped a little. He must not have expected me to be up this late. "Nicole? What're you doing up?" Dean asked me. "I've been up waiting for you all night. "You don't need to wait for me, babe." "Well you weren't answering my calls and a whole hour ago, you said you'd be here soon. I expected it to be a lot earlier than this. Now, where were you?" I asked him, once again. "I had to compete in a dark match after the show. Then afterwards, I went to have a few drinks with some friends." He explained. "What friends?" "Ah you know, Roman, Seth, Cesaro, Jericho, Renee, Alicia, Naomi, and the Usos." Dean said. "Was Paige there too?" "What?" "Was Paige there with you all as well? I asked again. "Uh, yeah. She was there with us. Why do you ask?" I let out a sigh. I just know that whatever he was doing, she just had to tag along. I'm not sure if it was jealousy or if I just didn't like her. "I don't like you hanging around with her.." I said as I folded my arms and he looked at me in a confused way. "What? Why not?" He asked. "I feel like you two are always hanging out together. You're getting too close to her and honestly, I don't like it at all." "Nikki, she's my friend. I like hanging out with her and all my other friends when I can." "She's also your ex. How would you like it if I spent as much time with one of my exes?" I said to him as he looked down. "See, you wouldn't like it very much either...I don't want you talking to her anymore." "Now wait a minute. She may be my ex, but she's also my best friend. She's been there for me through some of the hardest times of my life and I appreciate her for that, Nicole. Look, I love you and all but you can't tell me who I can and can't hang out with." Dean said. "You still have feelings for her...don't you?" I asked him softly and that's when the room began to fill up with silence. "I'll ask again, do you have feelings for her...yes or no?" I asked him one last time. "No." He replied.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Oops :\ Do you think that was a lie or is Dean being completely honest?

You'll find out soon! 😄

I added song lyrics to this Chapter, if you know what song it is, I love you! If not, it's Nick Jonas ft Tove Lo - Close. Check that song out, I love it!

Anyway, are you Nean? (Nikki & Dean)

OR

Are you Daige? (Dean & Paige)

P.S - I hope that's their ship names because I just made those up, tbh. 😂

Hope you enjoyed the Chapter, thank you to all who read! ♡

Also, votes and comments are much appreciated. Thank you! :)