21 | a story that matches the security cameras

Song: Bad Ass - Remix by Kid Ink ft. Meek Mill, Wale, KB, & Mike Maven

Depicted Above: Varun Dhawan as Vin Kumar

|||

"Leia, pleaseeeee. What do I do?" He's on his knees and begging, desperation reeking from him, and his face crinkled in frustration.

Of course.

If he just believed us, he wouldn't have been in this situation.

"I already told you, either work super fast on filling it out, or take the L, dude."

Kevin grimaces as neither of the two options are looking so hot. Only a few minutes were left 'til Caysin came around checking, yet Kevin wasn't doing much to resolve the situation.

Resorting to the former suggestion I had given, he pulls out his phone and pulls up YouTube.

"I hate school WiFi," Kevin grumbles as he sullenly gets off the ground and plops himself onto the chair, and I nod in total agreement. There were so many dead spots in some areas of the school that it was better to just use data instead.

Kevin does just that and opts to use his 4G, in hopes that it'll help load the video faster.

"You have two minutes to watch a seven minute video. And take notes. How exactly did you think that would work out, Euclid?" I question, my hands on my hips as Kevin thanks the YouTube gods from above for cooperating and finally playing the goddamn video.

"What do you think x2 speed and skipping around on YouTube is made for, Leia?" He retorts, a smug cocky smile creeping on his face, indicating his through the roof confidence level now that the video finally loaded.

We'd see who was smiling when he didn't finish that video.

All Kevin had to do was listen to me and Carol at lunch. That's literally all he had to do.

He wouldn't have been in this predicament had he listened—actually he wouldn't have been in this predicament if the bozo didn't forget his video notes homework at home.

The stupid ass.

But I guess that Carol's constant insistence as well as my urging that he redo his video notes during lunch had no effect. He claimed that since Caysin had never done a homework check to this day, that he never would. But as always, there were outliers in even the most consistent trends, and this outlier was about to fuck up Kevin's grades.

As countless students made their way to their seat, Kevin hastily scrawled sloppy notes.

I peered at the chicken scratch on his paper.

"Kev, is he even gonna give you credit for that?"

For a split second he looked back up at me, taking in my arched eyebrows and unconvinced expression.

"Leia, my handwriting could be a font on Google Docs, okay. Don't question. Gotta finish." He shoves his left hand in my face as an attempt to shush me, and his complementary hand works diligently to transcribe onto the paper.