Prologue

She ran tiredly through the woods, the winter wind whipping her black fur as she dodged the trees in her path.

We are finally free. She thought as she pushed her paws off the ground and gracefully jumped over a frozen stream.

Snow danced through the air of the cold winter night, she smiled.

She hadn't been outside in so many years and damn, she missed it.

She gave her wolf full control, knowing her wolf, Ash, missed going on their runs more than she did.

The cold air nipped at their skin, but it was nothing compared to coolness of the dungeons- she shook the thoughts away, promising herself not to think about it anymore.

Her wolf, Ash, was the only this that kept her from going completely insane with those horrid creature's that held her captive.

She would've died if it wasn't for her wolf.

You see, a werewolf can not die unless they have both given up- the wolf and the human.

She gave up on the desire to live years ago but her wolf had hope, her wolf's only hope being her mate.

She didn't believe she was good enough for a mate, she believed The Moon Goddess would just skip giving her, her other half but who knows? Only the great Goddess herself.

Of course now that they're free she has some hope of a better life. Unless they find her.

Her wolf slowed down near a small lake where they drank from the cold -almost frozen- water.

She looked up into the night sky. She doesn't remember much from before she was taken. Mainly because of how many times she was hit in the head.

The northern lights lit up the sky with beautiful neon colors with the stars twinkling around seeming to enchant her all the more.

And it was that day forward that she was a rouge. She now survived well in the world that seemed to show her nothing but pain before, and now she enjoys life and doesn't hope for her wolf to break just so she could just die and spend eternity with The Goddess Of The Moon.

Now the weak girl she was is gone, and replaced by a fierce warrior.