DADDY!!!

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

*ON SET*

I hopped out of the car and closed the door quietly behind me. I looked at the pharmacy we parked in front of and surveyed our surroundings. Cute houses with the paint peeling and dead, decaying bodies sprawled all over the road. Fabulous, I know.

"So, are we all going to go in as a group or split up?" I asked no one in particular. I guess I was a bit distracted with my surroundings.

"Well, I was thinking that we'll split up inside the pharmacy then we'll meet up in 30 minutes after scavenging the pharmacy and go check the houses as a group," Rick informs me and I merely nod in reply.

"Before we split up though, we should clear those walkers at the door," Daryl says and points out the walkers that were now banging on the door of the pharmacy.

"Alright then. I'm going to open the door in 3... 2... 1," Rick counted down and once he opened the door the walkers rushed out, growling and limping towards us.

We got out our knives and silently killed each and every one of them until there was none left. We cleaned our knives on the grass and walked inside the pharmacy carefully. Once we were sure that the pharmacy was clear, we pocketed our knives.

"Alright we'll split up in pairs. Lizzie you're with me, Carl and Daryl, I guess you two are partners," Rick said and I hear Carl groan causing me to giggle.

"Anything wrong Carl?" Daryl asked him threateningly and Carl just raised his hands in surrender and said with over-exaggerated enthusiasm, "Nevermind, let's go!"

They walked to the right side of the shop while we walked to the right. This was a pretty big pharmacy. I think this was more of a grocery store actually. Me and Rick were just walking around, searching for things we could use when Rick decided to break the silence and, for the record, I really would rather he didn't.

"So Lizzie, How are you settling in?" Rick casually asked me as we I was rummaging through the shelf and throwing some things we needed into the bag I had.

"Pretty good, Everyone's pretty nice. I actually don't regret coming with you guys," I say and I hear Rick chuckle.

"You and Carl seem pretty close," he commented and for some weird reason, I blushed.

"Well, he is pretty close to my age plus Ron can be a jerk sometimes," I reply nonchalantly whilst looking around, trying to hide my blushing red face.

"And you're just friends?" Rick questioned and I could see his smirk from the corner of my eye.

"Of course we are. Wait a minute... Rick, what are you getting at?" I question him, turning to meet his gaze once my blush toned down.

"Nothing, nothing. I just wanna know if my boy may be growing up and believe it or not Lizzie, you're like a daughter to me," he replied and I could see it in his eyes that he was telling the truth.

I formed my lips into a small smile and replied, "That's very touching Rick, but seriously? I doubt he'd like me plus I only see him as a friend."

"Okay then. Don't need to get so defensive," he raised his hands in mock surrender.

"And would you be so kind as to remind me when I was so defensive? I merely said he was a just friend to me," I said while putting a can of something into the bag.

"There, you just were," he pointed out making me roll my eyes playfully. He may seem like a strict and hard person, but he's very playful and loves to tease you when he wants to. Just like Carl. Like father, like son, I guess.