CATCHING FRIENDS

Chapter 4: Catching Friends

It's 10am and I'm wide awake while April is spread all cross my bed like she owns it. Dang, when did she become a wild sleeper. In the middle of the night, I woke up to a slap in the face by A. I grumpily pushed her off of me. I was tempted to push her head first on the floor, but the Jesus in me refused.

Anyways I'm up. I went to the bathroom to start my morning routine. I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower. Halfway through my showering, I heard bamming on the door.

Rolling my eyes, I answered "Who is it?"

"It's me Shi I gotta pee baaad."

Before I could say, come in A busted through the door. "Rude much," I mumbled grabbing my towel and exiting the shower. A sat on the toilet like she had no care in the world. She opened her mouth to say something, but I had no interest in carrying on a conversation with her while she was doing her business. Hecks no. This is not Friday.

I went to my wardrobe. I picked out some lazy clothes for today: a crop tee and sweats. I planned to have a lazy day today looking at upcoming assignments, watching tv, and pigging out. You know: the usual for a pretty girl like me. 😊

April was coming to my room as I was coming out. She headed for the bed; I headed for the stairs. Cocoa Pebbles were calling me.

After I ate my cereal, I watched tv for two hours: How Do I Look?, How to Rock, and Switched at Birth. When those two hours came to an end I jogged upstairs to grab my backpack. When I entered the room, A was fixing the bed.

"What do you have planned for today?" she asked.

"Lazy d-" gco by mom telling us to come get our hair done.

A and I raced down to the garage to see who will make it to the chair first. She wins, but is told to let me go first because mom already knows that I'm getting a flat wrap. It's going to take two hours up under the dryer to dry.

A pouted, "Why can't I get my hair done first?"

"This is why: you don't know what you want done." my mom replied knowing her oh so well.

"How do you know I don't TT?"

"Do you know what you want done April?" my mom asked with an eyebrow raised.

A paused for a minute thinking I guess. Then she looked down, "No, I don't TT,"

"Exactly." my mom said motioning for me to go to the shampoo bowl.

I got my flat wrap and set up under the dryer doing my nails. A ended up getting under braids in the front with a rod set in the back. She had to sit up under the dryer for two hours, too. That's my idea of hell on earth.

About two o'clock we were both done. I went back to the living room to get my study on. April went back upstairs to my room to do whatever.

At 3:30 all I heard was smacking in my ear and the smell of peanut butter. I looked to my right and I saw A dressed in a Hollister sundress with brown gladiator sandals and accessories to match.

"A why don't you stop smacking." I said finally growing irritable of it.

"Why don't you go put on some clothes." she shot back with a look of disgust at my lazy day attire.

"Why don't you go home." I said with a glare.

"Not a chance." she said with an innocent smile.

Frustrated, I put my headphones in my phone and turned my music all the way up.

Half an hour later, all I could here was A breathing rather loudly. When I finished my homework, I asked her what was the cause of her dramatics.