LAST TIME TRYING

Chapter 14: Last Time Trying

I don't know what it's bothering me so much that Liam is giving me the cold shoulder. I'm used to people acting like they don't know me when they do. It's just that it hurts 10 times worse coming from him. He's supposed be my best friend. Aren't we supposed to be able to talk about anything, especially why we've drifted apart?

When I got up this morning, I was determined to give our friendship one last try. I sent him a text.

AshilykIsUnique: Good morning Fly Guy. Meet me at the park at 4pm. We need to talk about some things.

I said my morning prayer and headed to the bathroom to do my hygiene thing. 20 minutes later, I was fresh and clean heading to my room to put lotion, deodorant, and body spray on my body.

I suited up in a red tank, white polo shirt, black skinny overalls, and red American Eagle flats. My hair was in a I high teased ponytail with my red rose headband. I put on light makeup and black accessories. I put my phone in pmy purse, and made my rounds through the house telling everyone. I'll see them later and I love them. I got my backpack and walker out of the garage leaving before the bus came. I felt like walking because it was nice outside.

*

I made it to school with 5 minutes left before the first bell. At this point in my day, Destin would arrive annoying me before class. Oh crap, I didn't wait on him this morning. I face palmed myself and shot him a text.

His: Good morning, handsome. Where are you?

Hers: Morning, gorgeous. At home. I'm sick. My parents gave me the OK to take a day off.

His: Awww my poor boo!

Hers: Where are you?

His: School.

Hers: I was hoping you hadn't left yet, so you could come over here with me for the day. 😔

His: Awww. I wish I could take care of you, too. But you know how my parents feel about me missing school.

Hers: Yeah, I know. Have a good. Be good. I'm about to go back to sleep.

His: Okay. I'm always good when you're not here. 😏 Feel better, babe.

The tardy bell made me jump. I put my phone in my pocket, switched my books, and went to first period.

*

I hated school today, especially seeing Ashley and Liam all booed up. Every time I saw them kissing, Ashley would give me this smug look like "yeah he's mine". Liam wouldn't even look my way, today.

I'm on my way to the park hoping Liam shows his face. I'm giving him 30 minutes to make it. Then, I'm going back home.

I made it to the park. Waiting on Liam I played Tetris Blitz.

*

He didn't even try to tell me he wasn't coming. He just blowed me off all together.

I guess our friendship really is over.

@-------->---------

Hi TALERS,

Sorry this chapter is short. It's just a filler for what's to come.

What's Liam's problem?

PEACE, LOVE, & BOOKWORMS!