TRULY MY BESTFRIEND

Chapter 8: Truly My Bestfriend

Today I woke up at 9. I was instantly reminded that today was clean up day, when my nose picked up on the scent of bleach. Saturdays have always been our day of cleaning the house from top to bottom.

I got out of bed, said a prayer, and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I wasn't worried about a shower yet. I'd take one before I went out with Liam.

I went to the linen closet, grabbed a towel and cleaning supplies, and got to work.

At 10 my phone dinged telling me I had an incoming text. I postponed cleaning the kitchen to go see who it was from.

The preview of the message flashed again. I saw it was from Liam. I opened it:

LovableLiam: Good morning. Be ready at 12. Wear a bathing suit and the colors green and white.

AshilykIsUnique: Good morning. What if I don't want to wear green and white? 😏

LovableLiam: Don't make me come over there and pick your clothes out for you.

AshilykIsUnique: You wouldn't.

LovableLiam: Test me and see.

AshilykIsUnique: Whatever I'll be ready at 12.

I didn't wait on him to reply. I went back to the kitchen.

30 minutes later I was finished with the kitchen. That was the last thing I had to do. My brothers and I cleaned the bathrooms first. I washed my clothes Friday. My room was clean, so that meant I was free to get ready.

I turned on my iPod to August Alsina playlist. Then, I went to find my green Aeropostale shirt, white cut off shorts, and lime green one piece bathing suit. It had the back and sides exposed. I can't wear two pieces. They make me self conscience. I decided my footwear would be my green and white converse and white bow headband. Satisfied with my outfit, I went to take a quick shower.

10 minutes later, I was in my my room lotioning up and what not. I put on my clothes and unwrapped my hair. When combing it I remembered I was supposed get my hair done today. I shrugged it off and continued to finish my look for today.

I walked out of my room purse and phone in hand. When I got on the last step there was a knock at the door. I answered it and found Liam standing there dressed in green and white polo with white forces. His hair was braided to the back.

"I see you decided to wear my colors." he said approaching me for a hug.

"Only because I didn't want to hear your mouth." I said returning the hug.

"You look cute though."

"Thanks, so do you."

"Thanks." he said helping me down the porch I assumed he forgot I had my walker.

"Thanks for the help, but I do have my walker."

"Oh you won't need that. You've got me." He said flashing an innocent grin.

I rolled my eyes. "Promise me you won't leave me when we get there. Then, you can take my walker back into the house." I said holding out my pinky finger.

"Promise I won't leave you." he said linking his finger through mine, grabbing my keys to unlock the door, and took my walker back into the house.

"Ready for a funderful day?" Liam asked coming back outside to help me on his moped before getting on it himself.

"What a colorful vocabulary you have sir?"