THE NEW KID

Chapter 9: The New Kid

Church yesterday was church. I couldn't really focus because I was too consumed with William kissing me the night before. I was paranoid thinking that things won't be the same with us anymore. Awkwardness will be the common denominator in our friendship.

I guess that feeling never left me because today I'm dreading going to school for fear of seeing him. We have Homeroom, Geometry, and Gym together so I can't avoid him.

By the time I got dressed in my white collared dress, navy blue jeggings, blue and white flats, light makeup, and navy blue accessories, I decided I'm not going to say anything about it if he doesn't.

When I got to school I went straight to breakfast getting me two sausage biscuits, orange juice, and chocolate milk. When I came out of the line, I saw Liam sitting at a table with a bunch of people that are unknown to me. He had his arm around the shoulder of a pretty light skinned girl. There wasn't anywhere to sit until I spotted an empty table by the elevator door. I made my way to it.

Halfway through my breakfast, my eating was interrupted by the feeling that someone was staring. I looked up straight into a pair of milk chocolate eyes.

"Can I help you?" I asked with a smile and a slight attitude I'm hoping he didn't pick up on. I just don't like when people stare at me.

"Can I sit with you?"

"Sure." I moved my walker so he could get by.

"Is that yours?" he asked.

"Yes."

"What's it for?"

"I have Cerebral Palsy."

"Oh. I'm deaf."

"Really?"

"Yeah." he said pointing to his hearing aid.

"I would've never guessed it. I didn't even notice it."

He laughed showing his perfectly white teeth making me wish that I didn't have an overbite.

"I'm Destin by the way."

"Ashilyk."

"Ashley?"

"No. A-S-H-I-L-Y-K."

He gave me this crazy look.

I laughed. "Just think of it as Ashley with a K."

"Ashley K it is then."

I laughed. "Ok Boy D."

We laughed at each other. When the laughter died down we found Liam staring at us.

"Hi Liam." I said breaking the stare fest.

"Hey."

"Can I help you with anything?"

"Liam!" Ashley whined.

He answered no then walked back to his table.

I shrugged him off.

"What was that about?" Destin asked reminding me of his presence.

I shrugged again. "Just Liam being Liam I guess."

The bell rung. Destin took out a piece of paper which I assumed to be his schedule because he looked up from it asking if I knew where room 112 was.

He handed me his schedule and I saw that we had Geometry, Biology, English, and Gym together.

We walked to class together just talking and laughing. He's really funny.

Destin seems really smart. He rattled of the answers to Mrs. Massey's questions like an auctioneer. I know who I'm going to for help with Geometry.

Boy D stayed close to me for the rest of our classes together. The classes we didn't have together Liam kept mugging me. I didn't pay him any mind because I know I didn't do anything to him.

The last bell just rung. I made my way to the bus. Liam stepped in my way.

"So you giving me the silent treatment or something?" he asked looking me dead in the eyes.

I had to look away. His stare was so intense. He looked genuinely hurt.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You haven't said anything to me all day. You've been clinging to the new kid for dear life."

"Well I could say the same thing about you and that Ashley girl." I said returning his malice.

"Are you jealous?" he asked smirking.

"No because you're my best friend and nothing or no one could change that." I said looking him square in the face to let him know I was telling the truth.

He gathered me into a bear hug. My face hit his chest hard and he put is chin on the too of my head saying,"Thats good to hear Smiley."

"Sure thing Fly Guy." I said smiling against his chest.

The bus blew it's horn at us and we snapped out of our moment. Liam helped me on the bus. We took our usual front seat.

"So I'm guessing you guys made up." Destin said from the next seat over.

I smiled. Liam gave him a stale face.

I pulled him down to ear level and whispered, "Please be nice."

He nodded at me and extended his hand to Destin introducing himself. Destin returned the gesture, and that was the spark of our conversation about random things.

In the middle of our conversation Destin got cut off because it was time for us, Liam and I, to get off.

Liam helped me off of the bus asking if he could come over my house so we could do our homework together. I shrugged thinking my mom wouldn't mind. My dad wasn't home yet. He gets off of work at 4, it's only 2:30.

We walked into the house, greeted everyone, asked my mom if it was okay if Liam could stay, she said yes, and we were headed to my room.

My mom cleared her throat from the bottom of the steps and we turned around she was pointing toward the kitchen table. Liam and I came back downstairs and we all went back into the kitchen together.

"I can't trust y'all alone with each other, since y'all kissed the other night and Ashilyk liked it."

"Mooom!"

She really didn't have to bust me out like that.

Liam looked at me with a smirk and his eyebrow raised.

"Don't flatter yourself." I said as we got started on our homework

An hour later we were done, and I walked Liam to the door. "Goodnight" we both said. He kissed my cheek and walked across the street. I didn't close the door, until he was inside the house.

I closed the door and began walking toward my room. My phone indicated I had a text.

Fly Guy: Did I make you blush again?

Smiley: Was that your intention?

Fly Guy: Yeah.

Smiley: Well you failed. I lied.

That was the start of out texting conversation for the rest of the night.

@----->-----

A/N: This chapter is boring I know. This is one of my least favorite chapters. I guess I'm running out of ideas. Inbox me if you have any.!

Would y'all like to know what songs I listen to while I write the chapter.

Comment your answers.!

VOTE

AND

CONTINUE TO READ!

OH AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT MY BOOKS. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.!