WHAT!

Chapter 15: What!

Today I got up, said a prayer, did my hygiene thing, and got dressed.

Now I'm standing in my body length mirror, eyeing the finished product, and swaying my hips to August Alsina's "Kissing on my Tattoos". I'm wearing a purple cami, a sheer ruffled collared shirt, a pencil skirt, and purple and gray double upper converse with purple eyeshadow, mascara, a purple flower headband, and purple accessories. This is just a preview of what the world is guaranteed tonight with my Morp attire: flyness! When the song ended, I grabbed everything I needed for school, made my rounds of goodbyes, snatched a cereal bar from the pantry, and headed to the bus.

*

I got to school, went to my locker, and switched my books. I was headed to first period when I was grabbed my my wrist and pulled to the left side of the hall. Looking up, I frowned at the culprit. My eyes met the humor tinted ones of Destin's.

"It's not good to frown, babe." he said catchhing hold of my other wrist before it collided with his chest.

Suddenly, I had a flashback.

He turned my way and said, "Play-" gco by a dark skinned girl with curled individuals in a short, sheer, strapless sundress with her hands on her hips. "William, I know you heard me calling you."

"Yeah I did, but my momma always said ignore ignorance."

"Ha very funny, but let's cut to the chase. You and I both know you miss me, so let's stop playing games and be a couple again. 😔"

"No thank you. My girlfriend wouldn't appreciate me down grading."

Just as I was about to turn around to face him and ask him who his girlfriend was. I felt his arms loop around my waist. We just made our FRIENDSHIP official less than 20 minutes ago where is all this coming from.

I looked up at him with a slight frown on my face. He kissed my forehead. "Don't frown babe that's not good." he smiled.

I gave him a confused look.

He mouthed, "Play along."

I nodded unsure of what I was getting myself into.

I was snatched out of my thoughts by Destin kissing my lips. Wow, I really do miss my best friend.

A fake smile broke across my face. "Whatever. I have to go to class. Let me go before you make me late."

"No," he said pulling me closer.

"Dest-"

He cut me off with his lips moving in sync with mine. He pulled away when the tardy bell rang.

"See you later, babe." He sent a wink my way before walking off towards his first period.

I stomped my way to mine.

*

It's 6th period. All of the 9th graders are in the gym. The principal decided to give us the last two periods of the day off. The music was up high, games were everywhere, and everybody seemed to having fun.

Chris Brown's "Don't Think They Know" blared through the gym. Instantly Destin and I started singing to each other off key as he pulled me up to dance with him. On and off, I would see April giving us a stank face. I just let it go because I don't have time to let somebody ruin my day.