LIAM, THE PARK, & ICE CREAM

Chapter 5: Liam, The Park, and Ice Cream

Today is Sunday. Yes, A is still here hogging the bed and the cover like it's hers. Next time, I'm going to make her sleep on the floor.

We're going to church today. It is 7am, and no one is up in the house, but me. I get up an hour before everyone else in the house because they claim I take the longest to get ready. I got out of bed and said my morning prayer before heading to the bathroom to get my day started.

I turned on my Ipod to my gospel playlist and let Vashawn Mitchell's "Turning Around for Me" drift me away to a happy bliss. I got out the shower, brushed my teeth and lotioned up singing along to Tamela Mann's "Take Me to the King". I put on my undies, wrapped myself back up in my towel, and walked to my room. I walked to my dresser to put on my deordorant. A was still sleep which came as no shock to me. I walked to my wardrobe to put on my purple circle dress with mathing half jacket and black flats and put on my black accessories. I went to the bathroom to put on makeup (eye shadow, eye liner, eyebrow liner, and lip gloss) singing along to William McDowell's "I Won't Go Back". I combed my hair down and finished my do with a black flower headband.

Satisfied with how I looked, I walked back in my room to wake April who I was surprised to see already up.

"You look cute." she said with a yawn.

"Thanks. Now would you start getting ready before my parents and siblings wake up." I said grabbing my phone to check the time which read 7:45am. "Everybody else should be up in 15 minutes. so you better head to the bathroom before my brothers wake up."

Nodding in understandment, she walked to the bathroom. I fixed my bed, grabbed my phone and purse, and headed downstairs to grab me an apple danish.

Around 8:15 I heard A let out a piercing scream from upstairs. Then I heard Greg's voice,"Oh my bad. I didn't know you were in here."

"You would have if you'd knock Jacka-"

"Uh uh. It's Sunday."

"Huuuuh!" She stomped off toward my room hopefully with her towel tightly around her because my brother's a perv.

15 minutes later everybody came downstairs dressed with a little time to eat. Church started at 9am. By the time we pulled off, it was 8:35. We made it to the church parking lot with 5 minutes to spare. By the time we found seats it was time for service to begin.

The pastor started preaching after 2 offering, 3 musical selections, church announcements, and altar call. The message was "Who's on Your Ship". He was basically saying you have to evaluate certain people and certain situations to know which is there for good or bad. The ones that don't mean you no good throw them over board because they are not designed to bring you closer to God. That was an awesome message.

Service ended at 1pm. The family and I were headed to the exit when I felt hands cover eyes. "Guess who," I heard a male's in my hear. They sounded good.

My heart pounding in my chest so hard I could hear it in my ears. Yes, I scare easily, but somehow I wasn't that scared when I picked up in the scent of Nautica cologne.

Removing the person's hands, I turned around, and confirmed my suspicions when I seen Liam standing behind me. He was dressed in a crisp white shirt and black slacks with his dreads tied back. When I looked down at his feet, he had on all black converse. That made me smile.

"Scared much." he said when he caught the look on my face.

"More like horrified."