MORP

Chapter 11: Morp

(A/N: This chapter skips to the month of October.)

The Monday before Halloween....

"Guess who."

My eyes were abruptly covered as I was rambling through my locker for all my needed books for today.

"Let me guess, B. Smyth! You would totally be the best Morp date ever!"

"Wrong answer." Destin breathed into my neck as I turned to face him.

"Yeah. You better have been. I didn't spend $20 on these for nothing."

He pulled a dozen pink roses from behind his back, pushing them in my direction, and said, "Will you be my gorgeous date to the Morp, my gorgeous girlfriend?"

"Definitely babe."

I gave him a quick peck on the lips, and turned around to resume the search for my books. Destin wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin in my neck.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"Looking for my books, duh."

What have I told you about duh-ing me?"

He smacked my butt, and I instantly turned around to glare at him.

"What have I told you about that?"

"Uh, I forgot but, I'll see you in English okay?"

"Yeah, okay." I blew him a kiss. He responded with a wink.

Okay. I know you have questions: 1. What is a Morp? 2. When did Destin and I become a couple?

For 1, a Morp is prom in reverse for the 9th graders. A night where we dress in costumes, dance, and vote for the best costumes male and female. It's this Friday on Halloween. 2, Destin and I have been dating for almost two months. He confessed his feeling to me a week after my fifteenth birthday. Our 2 month anniversary is the 29th.

He is an awesome boyfriend. He's sweet, gentle, and honest. My parents greatly approve of him, and his parents adore me.

It's safe to say life is great! We got progress reports last week, and I'm acing all of my classes except geometry. I have a B in there. I just thank God it's not worse.

Oh and Liam had been distancing himself from me more and more lately. I'm kind of sad about that because he is my best friend. We used to do everything together. I think it's less of his doing and more of Ashley's fault. She has ill feelings toward me for reasons only she and God know of.

I haven't done anything but be nice to her for Liam's sake because I didn't want him to have to choose between his best friend and his girl. It's not my fault there are rumors about her being promiscuous all around school. In fact, the same day Liam told me they were official, I saw her chatting it up with John, the school's bad boy, as if she wasn't already taken. I didn't tell Liam because that wasn't my business. He'll see her for who she is soon enough.

"Ashilyk, are you coming back to class anytime soon?" Mrs. Martinez asked. She got married over the weekend to her college sweetheart. When she came in this morning, girls and coworkers swarmed her with questions asking if we she posted on Facebook was true. I was wondering what they were talking about because I'm totally out of the social websites loop. I don't have any of it. Does having an email count?

Anyway, Mrs. Martinez confirmed their suspicions by showing off her huge wedding ring. Everybody squealed and congratulated her.

*

I'm in gym class, at the moment, running my fifth lap of the six the whole class was given today. It's me and at least five others trying to complete this task.

The finished fourteen are on the sidelines chatting it up amongst their groups. Destin finished his laps 15 minutes ago, but he's still walking in the track.

"Nice butt honey." he commented as he passed me on the track once again.

I would have covered my butt with my hands at that moment, but that would've meant letting go off my walker. I was was afraid if I did I would crumble to the floor. My legs hurt that bad.

"Thanks for noticing." I said in a sarcastic tone.

I hadn't noticed he was behind me know again, until he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me to him.

"Don't be upset babe. You have half a lap to go. I'll tell you what: let's skip the mall today, and stay at your house. I'll give you a foot massage." he said in my ear.

I bit my lip to think. We do need to go shopping for our Morp stuff today, but my feet are screaming no.

"Ok." I agreed.

"Good, now finish this lap." he hit me on the butt as if to light a fire under me.

I glared at him as he tried to get pass me, but he wasn't quick enough to escape the pinch I sent to his butt.

He scowled at me, but I just gave him an innocent smile, blowing him a kiss, and walking off to finish my lap.

@--------->---------

Hi monkeys,

What do y'all think of this chapter?

Do y'all like Destin and Ashilyk as a couple?

What is the real reason Liam is avoiding Ashilyk?