{Leo x Mortal!Reader} Grey's Anatomy AU **IMPT A/N**

Prompt: Season 6 finale of grey's anatomy, reader is a mortal doctor. Also, just for this one shot let's pretend that CHB is in Washington.

Warnings: emotional, mentions shootings and gun violence.

Word Count: i'm too lazy to count it's like 1700.

All you knew was that today was supposed to be your last day at Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.

All you knew was that you found your closest friend, Alex Karev, bleeding and unconscious in an elevator.

All you knew was that you left him with your co-workers, Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey, as you fled for more supplies.

All you knew is that you were met with a bullet as you turned down one hallway.

The hallway was silent, but somehow it was the loudest noise you had ever heard. Your heart pumped and banged like a drum. The piercing ring in your ear was probably the highest noise you had ever heard. You shut your eyes, opening them up again slowly. It felt like you were stuck in jello. Turning to the side, your eyes were brought to the dead nurse next to you. You inhaled sharply, biting your bottom lip to stop yourself from screaming in pain as you tried sitting up.

You let out a shaky whimper and glared at your bullet wound. You wouldn't be able to get up without passing out from the pain, or at least you assumed. You didn't want to take the risk, if you did there was the chance that you'd die, and you didn't want to die.

Fumbling for your cell phone in your pocket, you gritted your teeth as it wasn't there. You turned your head to see it on the floor, it must've skidded out of your pocket when you fell. Attempting to crawl, you scrunched up on the ground and reached out. Pain shot up your leg and you cried out, blood flowing from the wound onto the polished floor. Using one of your arms to apply pressure on your wound, you used the other to reach out for your phone.

"Come on," you cried out softly, a hint of anger in your tone. "Come on, damn it!"

Your fingers grazed the edge of your newly cracked iPhone, and you felt fear boil in you. You didn't want to die. You attempted to inch forward, no matter the burning pain you felt inside you. Letting out a breath of victory, you grabbed your phone tightly. Knowing the police were already outside, you immediately called Leo, your boyfriend. He had a cell phone for emergencies only, and you definitely classified this as an emergency.

Anxiety filled you with every ring, and you let out a relieved sigh when you heard Leo pick up.

"Y/N?" He answered, worry laced in his tone.

"Leo," You breathed out shakily, feeling tears fall down your cheeks. "There's a shooter in the hospital."

Silence. A large part of you became alarmed at the fact that you might've lost signal with him.

"What? Are you okay? Are the police there?" You could hear him running around, panic clear in his voice.

You attempted to have a brave voice, but more tears only came out making your voice sounded weak and frightened. "I'm really hurt Leo, I can't get up."

You felt a lump in your throat as a sob slipped out. "I'm scared, and I'm bleeding, and I don't know what to do."

In the background of the phone, you could hear him yelling after for someone.

"Y/N," he pleaded, beginning to sound desperate. "I want you to keep talking, alright? Keep talking to me."

"I don't know what to do, Leo." You felt you breath quicken, your heart pounding. "I don't know what to do. He shot my leg. He could still be here."