Chapter 4

Aeyoung's POV

ICU?...

All of us rushed to the ICU after the nurse explained how to get there. "Jebal, please be alright.." Sarang wished as we were in the elevator. "Hey, I'm sure he's going to be fine," I said as I held her hand tightly even though my words aren't entirely true.

Well, you see, she's dating my brother. Well, I don't actually know. They are both in love but Oppa hasn't asked her out yet. We even gossiped about how she might be my sister-in-law in the future. Now it doesn't look like it was going to happen. When we got out, we ran towards a glass door that had the words ICU. The glass was transparent so I could see that Oppa was inside.

He looked like he was resting peacefully so my heart was eased. "Are you Kim Ae Young?" Someone asked. I turned to my right and saw a doctor. Shit, I was getting paranoid. Is he really a doctor? "Who are you?" I asked, taking precaution. "Doctor Yang. You're the sister of Kim Jinyoung?" He asked.

What if he's a North Korean? Relax Aeyoung, it's a hospital. A North Korean wouldn't be hired- "Miss Kim?" He called again. "Oh! Ne, I am. Chuseonghamnida." I apologized as I mentally facepalmed. "Kim Jinyoung, did you know he was shot?" He asked. 

I tried my best to look shocked and asked, "Bwo?! W-wae?" I was about to fake cry about the gunshot thing when a voice was heard through the intercom. "Code Red. Cardiac Arrest. Doctor in need. ICU. Code red." Then, the doctor I was talking to widened his eyes.

"Wae?" I asked as I too widened my eyes. What's a cardiac arrest? No...it can't be those incidents where the heart stops, right? Before he could answer my question, he rushed into the ICU. "Noona, what's happening?" Wonwoo asked as he pulled on my wrist a little. I turned around to see all of them looking worried.

I turned to look inside, and what I hoped for, didn't happen. Without Jhope by our side, we were witnessing a defibrillator being used on Oppa. "Hyung.." Chanwoo whispered as he observed. Warm fresh tears rolled down my cheek as I tried my best to be positive.

"Let's wait there," Sarang spoke softly as she pointed to the benches. When they turned, I just stood there, watching the doctor save him. Soon, the doctor turned and looked at me with a smile. I focused towards my brother and saw his heart monitor showing a normal heartbeat.

I sighed in relief and wiped my tears. I smiled widely as my brother, my savior, lived. "Can I see him?" I asked after the doctor came out. "We'll transfer him to a normal ward. Would you like a private one?" He asked. Bwo?! I don't have money!

"Ani, gwenchana. I'll take the normal one. Khamsahamnida." I said as I held the back of my neck before bowing. He nodded and then walked down the hallway. "HE'S ALIVE!" The twins yelled. I turned to Sarang and she too felt happy. "See, he's alive," I said as I hugged her.

"Yah! I'm supposed to be saying that." She said as she cried tears of joy. "So, um, I was wondering..." I began as I released the hug. "Wae?" She asked while wiping her tears. "Could you watch him for me?" I asked.

I was thinking of working the whole day till after the afternoon shift. "Sure! So I'll stay overnight here. You, go back with the twins." She instructed. "Ne. Good night. Rest well~" I said as I bid her goodbye. "Kaja. Let's stay in my place." I told the twins as I was about to dial for a cab. I wasn't in the mood to walk after all that happened.

"Noona, gwenchana? You're slouching and you're not walking...normally..." Chanwoo pointed out as he held my shoulder. I faked a smile and said, "Gwenchana, I'm just sleepy." The twins just shrugged it off and allowed me to enter the elevator first.

When we went it, another person rushed in. He was wearing a cap under his hood so I couldn't catch his face. "Basement please." He said. His voice. I would recognize that annoying ass everywhere, anywhere. "Taeyong?" I called and surprisingly, he looked at me. "Aeyoung?" He said as he took his hood off.

"Why are you here?" He asked. I glared at him and asked, "Can't I be here?" He glared at me back and it seemed like the twins felt the tension between us. "Where are you going?" He asked as I left the elevator at level 1. "Home. Kaja." I answered as I pulled the twins with me. I'm not in the mood to chat with this annoying brat.

"Noona, we should ask hyung to send us back. We don't really have money. Do you?" Wonwoo asked. Crap. Wait..."You know that guy?" I asked and the both of them nodded. I looked at Taeyong and heard him scoff. I just rolled my eyes and followed them.

"Hyung, can you help send us home?" Chanwoo asked as he tugged on his sleeve. "Of course." He said as he rolled his eyes at me. I swear I'm going to kill him at work tomorrow. I got in the elevator and it went down to the car park level.

"Chakaman," Taeyong said as he placed a blanket on the back seat of his car. I just looked at with no emotion and he said, "I don't want my car to get dirty." I rolled my eyes and just entered it. On our way home, I keep catching him looking at me through the rear mirror.

"Hyung, how do you know Noona?" Wonwoo, who was in the front seat beside Taeyong asked. "Meh, just a random colleague. I don't really 'know' her." He answered. I was fuming when he said that. It is true that he doesn't know me but random? That's rude.

"You should come by tomorrow in the morning if you want to talk more." He said as the car stopped. We arrived. "Gomawa, hyung." The twins thanked as they left the car. "Bye, Aeyoung." He said as he winked from the rear mirror.

"Gross," I said and opened the car door. "Yah!" He yelled before I could close it. "Noona, ppalli! I need to pee!" Chanwoo yelled as he closed his legs tightly. "Catch! If you want to change, you can use his clothes. Just don't touch my side of the room!" I yelled as I threw the keys.

"You share a room? With who?" He asked as he got out. I turned around and placed one hand on my hip before saying, "None of your business." I wanted to walk away but he grabbed my arm. "Yah, you owe me!" He yelled. I was shocked because his face was so close to mine.

"W-wae? I don't own you." I said as I nervously blinked my eyes. "Own me?" He asked as one of his eyebrows rose. "A-ani, owe you. I don't owe you. What are you talking about?" I stammered, realizing my mistake. "So you want to own me? *laugh* You gotta do better than that sweetie *wink*" He teased as he went close to my ear.

"Y-yah! Fine! I owe you!  You can leave once your shift ends. I'll be the last. Fair?" I said quickly. He smiled then went in his car. "Bye Aeyoung~" He waved and winked. I almost barfed up lunch. Wow, my heart was beating fast! Wae...

I put away that thought and went in. As soon as I opened the door, I saw the boys folding their arms while looking at me. "Wae?" I asked. "Hyung and you? You and hyung? Jinyoung hyung wouldn't like to hear that." Chanwoo smirked. "Shame on you!" Wonwoo did the same.

BWO?! "YAH! HE'S A BIG PILE OF SHIT YOU KNOW THAT?! Such an ass. You guys are sleeping on the floor!" I yelled and went straight to my bedroom. Before I could open the door, they said, "Obviously. I mean, we're not sharing a bed right?" I laughed then yelled, "Right there on the bare floor! NO PILLOWS OR BLANKETS!"

I slammed my bedroom door and jumped onto my bed. I took my phone out and informed Sarang that the boys and I have reached home safely. Now, time to tell my boss that I have to work extra in the morning. I don't have enough money to pay the bills and I should practice being independent.

Taeyong's POV

OMG! She looks stunning. She has a really nice and sharp look in her eyes. She's- wait, WHAT?! No, Taeyong, don't fall for- damn it. Maybe it's just a small admire? "ARGGH WAE!" I yelled as I slammed my hands on the wheels.

I glanced at my hands, still feeling the regret. The cuts on them reminded me of what happened a month ago.

"WAE! YOU KNOW EOMMA HATES IT WHEN YOU DO THAT!" My younger brother yelled. He came out a year later and I feel like I'm the younger one. "So? Who are you to interfere?" I asked. "Your brother!" He yelled and punched me hard on my right cheek. Before I could punch him back, I heard a glass shatter coming from the kitchen.