Chapter 21

Aeyoung's POV

"Actually, I'm adopted." WHAT. How?! "A-adopted?" I muttered. He laughed softly and said, "Yeah, unexpected right?" I frowned as I knew that it was hard for him. "Could you share?" I asked and held his hand to show him support.

He sighed and began. "The family I have now is not my biological one. I only know that my mother died. Halmeoni and Aunt Cassie is related to me." I gave him a sympathetic look and tighten the grip on his hand. "It's alright. I'm actually glad that Jaehyun is not my brother." He responded.

"That explains why Aunt Cassie cried. You ran away to that hut where I found you." I pointed out and he nodded. "I'll be honest okay. My heart is always unstable when I'm with you." He admitted. My cheeks were as red as blood after I heard what he said. I lightly hit him on the shoulder and laughed.

"Now that you feel better, do you want to share? He asked and I froze. I really wanted to forget what happened so I shrunk in the bed. I didn't want to tell him but he was staring so I gave up. "Well, I saw Sarang, my childhood friend electrocute me. I met her at the orphanage. Her grandmother always donated a few cartons of juice and she followed." I started.

"So basically, I've known her my whole life. She was like a sister to me, till just now. How could she betray me? Sarang, the last person I would suspect." I raged. I didn't really expect myself to rant. I thought I would cry but I don't think there were any more tears left. "Life isn't easy." He quoted. I sarcastically laughed and folded my arms.

Suddenly, a red light and a siren went off. "What the?" Taeyong got confused as it was currently 5 in the morning. "Miss Kim, someone with the name Jeon Chanwoo claims that you know him." A bodyguard burst the door open. My eyes widened as I totally forgotten about him. I jumped out of the bed and it led to a sharp pain I felt that shot all over my body.

"Aeyoung!" Taeyong quickly reacted and caught me from falling. "Take me outside," I demanded as I weakly got back on my feet. His strong arms were supporting me so I depended on him. "Slowly!" He warned as I eagerly wanted to run to Chanwoo. I don't care! I ran out the door and followed my instincts. Luckily, the hospital zone was on the ground level.

I saw a man leaning against the entrance with his left arm clutching his stomach. Several bodyguards wanting to assist him. I ran towards him and as I got closer, I could see him clearly. It was Chanwoo. All bruised with blood all over his shirt and he even has a black eye. "Noona!" He called as he recognized me.

"What are you doing? That"s an intruder!" I warned and kept a distance. I didn't think about whether I could trust him because if Sarang was on their side, he would be too. The guards uncertainly raised their weapons. "Why are you here?" I asked as I got into my stance, resisting the soreness of my body. "I...was sent...by...Sarang." He said in between breaths. What? "Sarang joined Zac's army right?" I asked sternly. He shook his head.

"She...is saving...all of you...to defeat Zac." He tried to explain but I couldn't understand. Then, a car stopped at the entrance and an old lady exited from it. Half the guns were then raised to her. "Put your guns down, assholes!" She yelled and that shocked me. It was Sarang's grandmother, the one who gave me a drink on the first day of working with Taeyong.

"Agent G, here." She said and soon, every single one of the guards stood straight and saluted. "Chakaman, you're Agent G? The one in the system?" I asked and she nodded at both questions. "She helped me invent this technology back in the days." Taeyong's Halmeoni said with a smile.

"Sorry, I'm a little late. Sarang told me to get him to headquarters." I turned to Chanwoo and ran towards him. I gave him a bone crushing hug and cried. I can't risk losing any more people. "Ah, Noona." He winced and I released the hug. "Let's all never separate again," I suggested and hugged him again as if he was my son. "Where's my brother?" He asked as he coughed.

He coughed blood. I panicked and yelled, "AHHH! DOCTOR! BLOOD! HIM!"

Author's POV

As the doctors came to his aid, Aeyoung wiped her tears. She was glad that none of her friends turned their backs on her. "Kaja." Taeyong held his hand out, wanting to return to the room. She grabbed his hand and followed him. She still felt her body ache and soon, she started breathing heavily. The hospital zone was still quite a distance away and she felt her legs giving up on her.

Taeyong looked at her but she couldn't speak because she stopped inhaling. Nothing was going through her lungs. She gripped his hand tighter to warn him. "Wae?!" He panicked and asked. In a flash, she collapsed but he managed to catch her. The young man was confused as to what was happening.

He yelled her name as he couldn't feel her breathing. Then, a group of people ran to his side. It was a doctor and a few nurses that brought a portable bed. "Place her on the bed." The doctor instructed. He checked her heart rate but it was weak. "We've got an SAA over here." He mentioned to the nurses.

Suddenly, they began to push the bed towards the hospital zone. Taeyong had no idea what was happening and had a little regret for not going to a medical school like his 'father' told him to. "Excuse me? What is happening?" Taeyong asked as he followed them. They were reaching the ICU and he got worried. "She's suffering from a Severe Anxiety Attack and mentally, she's very unstable." He explained.

Taeyong's POV

What the hell? "When? How?" I was speechless. Anxiety attack? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! I was about to ask what it was when they insisted that I leave. Was it because she felt betrayed? I let those questions linger in my mind as I patiently waited for her by the seats outside.

While waiting, I thought about her, about us. Are we in a relationship? We never really went on a date but come to think of it, will we? All these North Koreans chasing after us and being put in the hospital is killing me. I don't want to see her get hurt. I told her that everything is going to be fine but what if it won't?

Those horrific thoughts planted themselves in my head as I closed my eyes. "Mr. Lee?" I heard someone call so my eyes shot open. I quickly stood up and walked towards the doctor. "Ne?" I questioned. "She wants to see you." He said and led me inside. "Taeyong.." She whispered as she saw me.

I went by her side as she gave me a soft smile. "Jagi, gwenchana?" I asked as I held her hand. "She's very weak. She needs some rest but she pleaded to see you." The doctor mentioned. "Get some rest. I'll be right here." I assured and kissed her forehead. The doctor went outside to give us a moment as I have not finished talking to him.

After she slept, I quickly proceeded to the door of the ICU. "Doctor," I whispered as I peeked my head out the door to find him talking to his nurses. "Mr. Lee, we'll be moving her to the Jeon's room. Will that be alright?" He asked to confirm. I nodded and checked if she was sleeping well.

"We'll leave her in our hands. You can take a rest first if you'd like. There's an extra bed in that room." He insisted. I was getting sleepy so I listened and went off to sleep in that room.

<<The next morning at 11.30 am>>

"CHANWOO!" I heard a yell. I rolled in the bed to cover my eyes from the following noisy sound. "WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER ME BEFORE?! I WAS WORRIED LIKE HELL!" What the? "I was captured by the North Koreans. Relax. I'm here now." An Almost identical voice answered.

"So you came here at 5 in the morning and nobody told me?" They continued. Oh my gosh! Shut up! I was about to yell at them when I heard, "YAH! GO SETTLE THIS OUTSIDE IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO HAND BOTH OF YOU OVER TO THE NORTH!" I opened my eyes and saw Aeyoung glaring at them as she sat on the bed.

"Nah, you're joking. Oh, mian Hyung. Her mornings are always cranky." Chanwoo said as he saw me. "My mornings are always cranky when I wake up with both of you yelling! Try me! I will not hesitate to bring you to them. In fact, we can go right now." She stood up and grabbed both of their wrists. "Noona?" Chanwoo asked as he began to get scared.

She pulled both of them out of the room and could no longer be seen. "Go and have your early lunch!" I heard her roar. She'll be a good mother when it comes to discipline. "Sorry, Taeyong. They get a little out of hand sometimes." She came to sit on my bed. "So, how are you?" I asked as I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm better than yesterday." She answered with a sweet smile. "Great! I'm wondering if you want to go to a beach and maybe do some shopping?" I suggested. "Are you asking me out on a date?" She raised an eyebrow. I laughed and nodded.