Chapter 22

Aeyoung's POV

I can't believe we're officially dating! I've never really had a date before. It was usually with Oppa and Sarang when I was with Chan. Do I have to call Taeyong Oppa? That sounds super clingy. "Could you drop me at home for a while? I want to freshen up." I said. I don't want to be seen wearing this out on a date.

"Sure." He answered shortly and yawned. Do I just go out like this? What if people recognize me? "Taeyong?" I called. He just faced me with his eyes half open and said, "Mm?" I chuckled and questioned, "Are the windows of your car tinted?" He nodded sleepily.

"Aigoo, do you want to go or not?" I stroked his head and his eyes shot open. "Kaja!" He exclaimed and pulled my hand through the door. When we left that room, there were a few bodyguards that passed by us, patrolling as a group. We were heading towards the elevator when one of them approached us.

"Where are you going?" She asked as she stopped us from entering. "Wae?" Taeyong rolled his eyes. "I have orders to keep you safe." She answered. I could feel the fire in his glare as he got annoyed. "Just tell Halmeoni that we'll-" She interrupted him and said, "Aunt Cassie gave me these orders."

He sighed loudly and then lied, "Aunt Cassie allowed us to go. Didn't you get the information?" Should I back him up? What do I say? "Ppalli! She told us that we only had a limited amount of time." I lied and pressed the button of the elevator. He pulled me in and punched the carpark level. As we waited, he dialed a certain number on his phone.

When we reached the level, his car was waiting for a few meters in front of us. "Hop in!" Taeyong exclaimed as the doors opened by itself. It wasn't really the 'future' but it was modern technology. "Good Afternoon Tae." I heard the system say. "Scarlet." He greeted. He turned the engine on and zoomed out of the building.

"So, do you want a drink?" He asked as we were on the road. "Sure. I'm fine with anything." I answered as I didn't really want to trouble him. He drove towards a drive-thru and ordered the drinks. Before he ordered, he clicked a button and a transparent glass rose up, separating us. "I can't see you." He said but I could see him.

After he ordered, he clicked the same button and the glass lowered.  "It's hot chocolate. It's pretty cold today." He said as he passed me the drink. I took a sip and it tasted good.

<<Arrival>>

"It's a quiet street." He said as we left the car with the styrofoam cups in our hands. "I like it," I said and opened the door with a key that was hidden in one of the petals of the flowers by the doorstep. "I'll be changing it every time I live so don't expect me to let you in whenever you like," I warned as I stepped inside. It wasn't much but it's home.

"It's cozy. Really cozy." He looked around. I placed the cup on the coffee table in front of the television and went to my room for a shower. I took a short shower as I didn't want to make him wait. I folded the black suit and placed it aside as I figured out what to wear for our outing.

 I folded the black suit and placed it aside as I figured out what to wear for our outing