e l e v e n

I decided to drop something from my drafts today just because I miss Kang Minhyuk but I'm still on hiatus lol bye guys be healthy 💕

"Are you fluttered?" Kang Minhyuk laughed whole-heartedly in front of my face. His hands moved to his stomach, as if it was hurt because he was laughing too hard. Ah it's the childish Kang Minhyuk, what did I expect?

"You wish," I stuck my tongue out at him, trying to cover my heated cheeks. "I already saw this coming."

"There's nothing wrong though, we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend a month ago." He grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth.

I patted his cheek, "Fake dating, in case you forgot." With that being said, I got up from the couch and headed to my room. My hunger and the mood to cuddle with someone all flew away from me the moment he started laughing. He shouted out my name but I ignored it, the same way he did when he put my heart on that test.

"Two months left for you, Hyojin." I whispered to myself, "You killed his sister, he won't accept you if he knew." Wrapping my whole body in the fluffy blanket, I shut my eyes tight hoping that all of these uneasy feeling in my heart would go away.

Suddenly Minhyuk's smooth voice singing his song Stars filled my room. Ah, seriouslyㅡ he changed my ringtone again. Lazily I snucked out of the blanket and grabbed my phone which was on the side table.

Weirdly, Jonghyun called me. At first I hesitated to answer as it might be that he dialled the wrong number but when my phone rang for the second time, I thought maybe there was something urgent happening so I accepted that call. Maybe he couldn't reach Minhyuk at that time so he called me.

"Hello." I greeted. There was no voice on the other side of the line. "Han Hyojin is speaking, who's there?" Silly, I saved Jonghyun's number without him knowing so I had to pretend that I didn't know who was calling me.

"Ah, Hyojin! Jonghyun oppa's here." He answered like he didn't realize that the call was already connected. "What made you so formal?" He laughed at me, probably because of the way I answered my phone. Yeah whatever.

"Is there anything you need to talk to me, oppa?" I asked politely. Jonghyun might be cool and kind towards me but he is still someone older and my senior so I needed to put on maximum respect whenever I was talking to himㅡ though he wouldn't really bother, I know.

I could feel that he was smiling at the other side, "First, let's meet out. I'm hungry." I got chills up my spine the moment I heard his words. CNBLUE had always been the apple to my eye since my highschool years so it had always been fluttering when I eat out with them even nowㅡ well except for Minhyuk because now I live with him.

"Okay, where then?" I hung up the phone after he gave me an address of a restaurant which belongs to his brother like he said. Quickly I changed into my pullover pink sweater and black skinny jeans before going out of my room.

Seeing me all dressed up, Minhyuk got up from his spot on the couch and held my wrist, "Are you going anywhere?"

"I'm meeting a friend, oppa." I winked and smiled sweetly at him hoping that he would let me go because after the sasaengs incident, he had always been overprotective of me.

He frowned, "Is it far from here?" I shook my head for his question, "Nope, only a few blocks from here."

"Got your phone and purse?" He asked again, looking very concerned. I fished my handbag to make sure that I had everything in there before nodding to him.

"Great, I'll drive you there."

The three of us sat still in silence for a few awkward minutes before Jonghyun coughed to break the cold atmosphere between us. Minhyuk eyed me synistically. "A friend," He said in sarcasm with a smirk on his lips.

It was my fault for letting him drive me here, hoping that he wouldn't notice that it's Jonghyun's brother's restaurant. He insisted to come along after that, with fire burning in his eyeballs. Stupid Hyojin.

"Why are you jealous? We're not even dating for real." I tried to find a good excuse but all that came out my mouth was bullshit that of courseㅡ would make him angrier. I bit my lip, suppressing my thoughts to just bang my head on the table for uttering those stupid words.

Minhyuk slicked his hair back with his right hand as he chuckled lightly, "Fine." His aura was deadly I could even see the purple shades emitting from his bodyㅡ am I living in anime world, guys?

"Minhyuk, you misunderstood us." Jonghyun who was usually calm had nervousness in his voice. I knew they were so close to each other and he must have felt bad that Minhyuk might feel backstabbed.

Minhyuk raised his hands and smiled as he got up from his seat, "No, it's fine, hyung. I'm not dating her."

"Oh Minhyuk oppa, going home already?" Out of nowhere Gong Seungyeon appeared, waving her hands at us with her lively smile. Jonghyun sighed in relief, "What took you so long, Seungyeon?"

"Sorry, bad traffic." She grinned before taking her seat next to Jonghyun naturally.

Minhyuk looked puzzled. I stared at him and lifted my brows, mentally saying that I wasn't trying to flirt with Jonghyun in the first place.

"Oppa, you're not joining us?" Witty Seungyeon asked Minhyuk again, eyeing him with her poker face.

"It's okay. I have some work to do." He smiled and bowed his head a bit before leaving the place in a hurry.

"Did you guys fight?" She poked my arms. Ah I'm so weak with this fella, she's too cute to handle.

I nodded and sighed, "Yeah, I said something hurtful to him earlier." My temples were throbbing so I threw my hands there and started massaging them. It had been a while since we've had a fight so it was quite awkward for me to deal with the situation. Grumpy Minhyuk made a comeback, surprise!

"Ah unnie, what should I do?" I pouted and grabbed my hair with both of my hands. I could feel tears forming in the pool of my eyes. Of course, I felt really guilty because I saw the hurt carved on his face before he left. I wish I could turn back time and just tell him that I was going to meet Jonghyun and Seungyeon.

Suddenly Jonghyun giggled looking at my sullen face, "You changed him a lot, Hyojin. He used to only care about himself, now he learned jealousyㅡ the hard way of course."

"I changed too, after I knew who he really is." I mumbled softly in between my thoughts. Is this really a coincidence?

I meanㅡ meeting Sora's brother who is now an international idol after 12 years of her death protecting meㅡ meeting the real Kang Minhyuk behind his idol mask didn't feel like a coincidence at all. It feels like karma.

"Just date each other already! It's obvious that you like each other." Seungyeon shouted at me, looking all annoyed that I remained blunt after hearing Jonghyun.

I ignored her and stared at the both of them in front of meㅡ Jonghyun and Seungyeonㅡ the GongLee pair. They were a match made in heaven.

I still remember I cried watching their last episode of We Got Married before I got the job in FNC a month ago. Now here they areㅡ in front of my eyes. I wish my love story would be as sweet as theirs, but after knowing the person I fall in love withㅡ I knew I don't even stand a chance for love.

I smiled blandly towards them who were weirdly staring at me, "I don't think he'd like me if he really know who I am."