54 I'm Sorry

It is the next day at school. I see Haru quite early. I go to him and ask, "What are you doing early?"

Haru says with an amused yet determined expression, "Teen drama."

I sigh, "Oh my gosh. I influenced you too much. We should soooo go swimming together at some point."

He responds as we reach our normal meeting spot, "Yeah, but first drama."

SiSi, Aisara, and Eren is there. Levi is visibly standing across the hallway watching.

SiSi sighs, "Levi is waiting for Nagisa. He trusts me but not him."

Suddenly, Rei comes running to us. He looks afraid.

SiSi asks, "What's wrong?"

Rei pants, "Nagisa is being abusive! He's acting normal, but extra painful."

"What you say, Rei-chan?" A sweet voice says from behind us. We turn seeing that it is Nagisa with an innocent smile on his face.

Rei exclaims, "I know you are mad about me and Alex, but please no more hitting! It's not beautiful!"

"Who cares?" Nagisa beams. "I don't even know what you're talking about!"

"Oh my," Aisara says. "That's scary."

Tempest walks up to us. Seeing the situation, she turns and walks away fully creeped out.
I don't blame her.

Rei stutters, "D-don't... Uh."

Nagisa came up to him and pat him on the back. He pat him so hard that a heard loud thumps. No... that wasn't a pat, that was a slam.

"Ouch!" Rei yelled. He turned and grabbed his wrists and said, "Stop! I know you are jealous of Alex and I."

Haru whispers to me, "Things are getting fishy in her." He didn't even use the phrase right.

Aisara squeals, "Fan service!"

I groan, "What people do I hang out with nowadays?"

"I have a girlfriend, yes Nagisa!" Rei confronts head on. "We love each other, but we will always be friends."

I mutter quietly, "Ooh, friendzoned."

Haru pulls at my arm and whispers, "That has to hurt."

I sigh and ask, "Why isn't your brain waterlogged anymore?"

Haru whispers, "I have land water."

I say confused, "What the-."

Nagisa scowls, "Maybe I don't want to be 'just friends'. Haven't you paid attention to me all the time we spent? All the times I made moves on you?"

"Nagisa..." Rei says. "I'm sorry, but if you can't accept it, then we can't be friends anymore."

Nagisa gasps at his response. Then he looks away. He says quietly, "Fine."

"Wait," I call. "What about the swimming team? You guys are teammates!"

"Yeah," Nagisa says. "We are strictly teammate. That's it. Sorry." He turns and walks away.