Chapter 24: Christmas

Josh's POV-

Today I went home. I drove because Tyler was really tired. He fell asleep as we pulled into the apartment building. He looked so adorable. 

I unbuckled his seat belt and put his one arm around his back, and one arm under the back of his knees, and began to carry him up to the apartment. He began to wake up, and wrap his arms around my neck, and buried his head into my chest. It was so cute. 

"I can get down now." He said as we got to the apartment. I let him down and he walked into our room and collapsed on the bed and fell asleep. Shortly after, I did the same.

-

Christmas  coming up. I'm  terrified. Tyler and I are going to a family dinner with his family, and they don't know we are a couple yet. We leave tonight, and get to Columbus tomorrow. 

"Josh? Have you seen my black sweatshirt I can't find it." Tyler asked me.

"Yeah it's in the kitchen." I said.

"Are you okay? You seem nervous." He said to me.

"I'm okay, I'm just nervous about what your family is going to think." I replied honestly. He sat down next to me.

"I can already tell you, almost everyone is going to be okay with it. My Uncle James, maybe not so much, but he can shut the hell up for a day." Tyler said putting his hand on Top of mine.

"Okay. Either way we still have to go see my family too. They will be okay with it. They are pretty cool with almost anything." I replied. 

Tyler grabbed my chin and kissed me on the cheek. It was so adorable. 

"I'm going to go finish packing. You shouldn't wait til last minute." Tyler said as he was walking away.

-

We got into the car and Tyler started driving. Tyler is very good at staying awake. I connected my  phone to AUX and started playing Cigarette Daydreams by Cage The Elephant. I knew how much he loved that song.

-

We arrived, with Tyler's mom smiling at us at the door. She was also the only person who knew about me and Tyler. 

She gave each of us a hug.

"Uncle James is in the living room. Good luck, if he asks questions say I'm excited for cookies as loud as you can and I'll call you away from him if things go south." She whispered to us. I got even more terrified.

"Josh, everything is going to be okay." Tyler said to me.

We began to walk into the house, and I was already feeling  the warmth of the home. It felt welcoming. 

"Hey Tyler! How's life? Whose your friend?" Uncle James asked Tyler as we walked in. I felt my palms getting sweaty, as I knew where this conversation was going.

"Actually, this is my boyfriend, Josh." Tyler said. 

"So, you're gay?" He asked him.

"I'm bi, and so is Josh."  He replied. Uncle James was staring at us like he wants us to be torn to shreds.

"That's disgusting. You people these days, just wanting attention, it's so sad." He said looking at me.

"I love Tyler, and it's not an act. For you to think that of us is disgusting. So what if we like each other and we are both guys? Why does that matter? It doesn't. And it shouldn't." I said. I hated how much of a jerk he is. He has no right to say these things. 

The rest of the night was full of Tyler's family congratulating us, and eating lots of food. We stayed there that night, and left for my parents home in the morning. I wasn't ready to face my parents.