| Chapter Twenty Nine |

I knew something was wrong the moment I stepped inside the glittering castle. The strong sent of bleach and other cleaning supplies, hit me straight on as I stepped through the entranceway. Looking down, I saw the pearly opaque-type tile and could barely make out my own blurry reflection staring back at me. I almost let out a gasp of surprise at the sight.

So that's what Adabelle had done to my face...I thought, glancing over at my reflection once more.

My usual brown, dull hair had altered into an almost loud, platinum blonde. It was the same length I had cut it at but held soft curls that seemed to frame my face, exposing my heightened cheekbones and jawline. Even my nose looked straighter. Though, through the mirage spell, I could make out my eyes. And they were my original eye color. A piercing silver, working together with my new hair to completely contrast the original me. I hurriedly looked away, unsure of the emotions I felt swelling inside of me.

Although, I was confused, I was also grateful for Adabelle's extra touch of security. The spell was odd and I didn't like the use of her magic plastered to my face but it did have its perks.

The only attention we got was from the royal caretakers who were trying to situate our schedules.

My gaze snapped back toward the two maids, dressed in pearly white ruffled dresses, and bonnets. Their faces were plain from any makeup and their hair was pinned up inside the bonnet, a few strands left dangling to frame their faces.

"Alright, miss Rosalind, where are you at?" The blonde maid asked.

I stepped forward from the circle of my friends and nodded politely at her. "Hello miss." I curtsied.

The maid curtsied lower than me, showing how much they had to respect their 'royal' guests.

"Nice to meet you miss, I'm Willowa–your handmaiden." She replied, releasing her curtsy to give me a brief smile.

I returned the smile with one of my own, hoping it didn't convey the anxiety rushing through ever fiber of me.

"And you must be miss Angel." The other maid said. She had dark brown hair and stood a few inches taller than Willowa.

"Nice to meet you, miss." Kachina said, playing her part with a delicate curtsy.

"I'm Livvy. Your personal handmaiden." She curtsied as well.

After Willowa and Livvy introduced themselves to Matthias and Jonah (who were newly named as Dean and Carver), we were forced to split up, which was something I was dreading.

"Come ladies, we must prepare you for the opening ceremony." Willowa said happily, a smile plastered to her full lips.

I threw a nervous glance toward Matthias who was already looking at me. His eyes softened a touch at the sight but ultimately, he nodded. Go. He seemed to convey.

"Where are the other princess'?" I asked Willowa, turning my eyes away from Matthias.

"Most of them have already arrived but there are still a few on the way. Everyone should be here by the time the ceremony starts. It is a very big day for you ladies after all!" Willowa beamed.

"A big day? Why?" I sputtered.

Willowa seemed confused a moment but quickly shook it off. "Besides it being the first day in Mistshore palace, it's also the day you get to meet the prince's court."