Promise

*Some clovers

Fair warning, there are some Idris Elba gifs in here😍...

~

"But, I don't understand!"

"What's not to understand, Clover? You know the way things work around here."

"But, Joe, that's not fair. The Blinders can't just-"

"Life's not fair. I've taught you this, Clove. You know not to speak against the Blinders, even in private. They have people everywhere."

"Fuck the Blinders!"

"Watch your mouth, little girl. I promised your daddy I'd protect you and I can't do that if you don't learn how to check that temper of yours."

Clove took a deep breath.

"I know it's hard and unfair but stay clear of the Peaky Blinders. They run things down here in London. That's for damn sure."

She looked away. "...But Joe,"

"No buts, you're old enough to control your own actions. I can't babysit you all the time."

"I don't need babysitting any of the time." She rolled her eyes to meet his.

"Oh yeah?" He smiled at her, chuckling. "Baby girl, you'll always be my one-toothed niece, bouncing on my leg and stuffing your little mouth with chocolate." He pinched her cheek.

"Uncle Joe, stop," she couldn't help smiling as she pushed his hand away

"Be good, alright." He smiled at her. "I'm headed out to make a delivery for Remy. I don't wanna hear about you causing any trouble."

"Alright," she closed her eyes and smiled as he kissed her forehead

As Joe walked out of the door, Clover smiled and returned to work.

Minutes later, she heard someone approaching quickly. She turned to see Remy, unsettled and out of breath.

"Good God, Remy what is it?"